MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Noise Engineering
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author Noise Engineering
cyberdine
Just want to give a big shoutout to Noise Engineering. I was skeptical at first that their modules weren’t really doing much that I could do on max. Once I tried them I realized how wrong I was. For all the tricky Latin names, Basimilius Iteritas Alter, Loquelic Iteritas Perdico (sp?) are real works of art, original and sound absolutely banging. Salute!
three86
I agree I have several of them and need more. I love the ton of cv and the performance oriented aspect of them like buttons to trigger the gates and press knobs to fine/coarse tune.
SnipeCatcher
I’m brand new to modular and the BIA was the first module I bought. Genius. Looking forward to trying more of their products, if I could just remember how to spell the names into a search smile
cyberdine
@snipecatcher I’m not going to lie, the names of their modules put me off at first too. BIA is a total beast, I’ve got the most acoustic sounding percussion from it. Then the LIP, quite possibly the last oscillator I need, the range of sounds is unreal
ggillon
I love their modules but I have one gripe; the CV inputs seem to only allow positive voltage, and if you feed them negative ones (like with a LFO) it starts affecting the pitch sometimes.

So you have to rectify your LFO to be positive only.

Otherwise, stellar modules
scragz
ggillon wrote:
I love their modules but I have one gripe; the CV inputs seem to only allow positive voltage, and if you feed them negative ones (like with a LFO) it starts affecting the pitch sometimes.

That is my main gripe too and I hassled them about it during their reddit AMA.

Noise Engineering wrote:
When we started, way back in 2013, we found an industry without a real set of standards, so we had to pick. It was partly arbitrary, and partly just easier (and cheaper, parts-wise) to not support negative voltage, so that's what we went with.
aintnopicnic
Totally agree, BIA was also my first module. Hard to beat.
Bought LIP yesterday in the local store.
After wiggling around with LI,LIP,AI,MI,CIP,CI for hours,
i finally adopted LIP

Couldn‘t be happier. It‘s got a broad range
from tame to brutal maintaining still musical.
Totally in love with the free running OSCs with
slight pitch modulation. ENVs also a blast.

The NE YT demos out there are mostly pure destruction
with way to much modulation going on and cranking up potis like crazy..

These modules are way more capable as shown there.

Also own MD, won‘t be the last NE module for sure.
cyberdine
@aintnopicnic - yes! LIP can be very mellow and smooth... and then so harsh. But I agree, their vids don’t show the full range of their oscillators’ capabilities.
VM
I agree OP, Noise Engineering make incredible stuff and are the only manufacturer that I could see myself having an entire system made up of, even though I don't make industrial or techno.

The Horologic Solum and Mimetic Digitalis together take care of all time-based stuff in my system. Loquelic Iteritas and BIA are 2 out of the 3 voices in my system, and they sound huge. LI has got to be one of the most versatile complex oscillators at that price/HP point.
Skipdog81
After owning and loving a couple semi-modular synths, I have been doing quite a bit of research into Eurorack, and have decided for my first fully modular mini setup to go with all Noise Engineering to start, as the sound of their modules grabbed my attention the most. That plus the fact they are doing a powered case give away helped steer me in their direction as well.
Skipdog81
https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/1003420

It's a small 60 hp startup, but it has a lot of clock and triggering options and to separate sequencers to go to each oscillator. Chose the LIP and AI as I like to make a lot of weird stuff when using my semi-modulars and Reason DAW.
Foghorn
ggillon wrote:

So you have to rectify your LFO to be positive only.

Otherwise, stellar modules

That explains a few things.
Or at least one thing

Why didn't I figure that out?
Foghorn

Fricken nasty sounding BIA...gotta love it
Zymos
I mostly don't even like their audio stuff (I do have the Sinc Bucina), but have a half dozen of the gate generating ones!
Granular
I tested the Ataraxic Alter at my Local Modular Dealer an it sounds great. I like the Noise Knob Mr. Green

But I really don't like the Design of the NE Modules.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 1