MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Easel, 200e grounding?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Author Easel, 200e grounding?
mousegarden
As you know I'm building a little expander boat for my Easel, I've heard that grounding can be an issue using seperate systems, especially the Easel and 200e modules. Could this be a potential problem?
wsy
mousegarden wrote:
As you know I'm building a little expander boat for my Easel, I've heard that grounding can be an issue using seperate systems, especially the Easel and 200e modules. Could this be a potential problem?

<<rimshot>>

"I'll be here all week. Try the veal."

- - - - -

Actually, to answer your question, yes, but there's a green grounding jack on the Easel that will let you ground the Easel to the 200e frame.

- Bill
Kent
LOL. I had to read it twice to see the joke. Nice one, you fucking nerd!

SlayerBadger!
authorless
Hahaha.
mousegarden
wsy wrote:
<<rimshot>>

"I'll be here all week. Try the veal."

- - - - -

Actually, to answer your question, yes, but there's a green grounding jack on the Easel that will let you ground the Easel to the 200e frame.

- Bill

Actually, that's quite disturbing, how did you know I was there? I wanted to try the veal, but they didn't have any.
ddp
They must share common ground; the new Easels have a black banana on the side as does the back of a new skylab.
ArguZ
What you need is a shared 0V reference.
If the rig is powered without a third lead as 50% of all extensions and most wallwarts have there is no ground anyway.
But to make 10V count you need 0V somewhere.
That is why grounding the Easel alone and playing with rubber shoes does not work.
Wear a anti static wristband plugged into the black banana to get full control.
Or connect the tow systems like that to ensure CV action.
Also, the 218 keyboard is not buffered.
Even with a proper ground you can not get pitch accurate CV driving high impedance modules.
ddp
Anti-static wristband is an excellent idea, thanks!
mousegarden
My two boats have grounding black banana jacks, no problem.
Just me overlooking them!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Page 1 of 1