EH Attack Decay (Reissue )

A place for the string slingers, pedal freaks and amp snobs in our midst.

Moderators: Kent, Joe., analogdigital, infradead, lisa, parasitk, plord, sduck

MindMachine
weekend warrior

EH Attack Decay (Reissue )

Post by MindMachine » Sun Jul 07, 2019 1:09 am

I always wanted one of these when they were released in the 1980's. Pretty much forgot about it and now they go for $1,000. :mrgreen:

There is now a reissue of sorts and for $125, so I jumped. Immediately. We'll see how it works with my Echorec and RE-20 for reverse duties (in front or in back).

Should be great for string synth too. I love EH and own way too many of their weirdo pedals.

FS: A-140-2 Dual VC ADSR, Erica VCA 2, A/DA Final Phase, SP-555 Sampler and more - CHEAP!!!
https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewt ... highlight=
WTB: Kurzweil Rumour (or trade for Mangler)

tremolo3
Learning to Wiggle

Post by tremolo3 » Sun Jul 07, 2019 12:44 pm

I don't know what it is, but I want it.

Euro Trash Bazooka
Common Wiggler

Post by Euro Trash Bazooka » Sun Jul 07, 2019 4:45 pm

I noticed they reissued it a few days ago and I am pretty excited as well because it was also THE EHX pedal I wanted the most. Too bad they didn't keep the amazing look and shape of the vintage version, though. I really like these huge, old pedals. This one looks ugly as hell, but as long as it gets the job done...

MindMachine
weekend warrior

Post by MindMachine » Sat Jul 13, 2019 2:22 am

^ I hear you on the old size and art. I keep an old Graphic Fuzz just for that (it sounds great but a large footprint). Broke my heart to sell a Polyphase but it was bunk.
FS: A-140-2 Dual VC ADSR, Erica VCA 2, A/DA Final Phase, SP-555 Sampler and more - CHEAP!!!

GuyaGuy
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by GuyaGuy » Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:15 pm

I have one and it’s great. It does all of the swells that people mostly know from the Slow Gear. But the envelope control lets you shorten decay for a plinky hollow body sound, banjo or uke vibe, etc. The new poly mode is very cool. Some settings lead to weird glitch sounds but dial it in and it works great. Even the Muffy fuzz is cool.

MindMachine
weekend warrior

Post by MindMachine » Sun Jul 14, 2019 2:53 am

^ Yeah, I finally dialed it up last night with a bass. Some settings are tricky but it does what it should. Great value.

Using it with an Aria Pro II CSB-380 bass, Mad Professor Golden Cello and Old Blood Noise Endeavors Dark Star Chaos. Giant swells abound.

Kent
Large Member

Post by Kent » Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:43 am

[video][/video]

About a decade ago, the Pigtronix folk (including the original designer of the Attack Decay from EHX) got together and put out the mighty fine Attack Sustain.

This new EHX box seems so similar that I'm wondering if it is the same design.

GuyaGuy
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by GuyaGuy » Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:24 am

Kent wrote:[video][/video]

About a decade ago, the Pigtronix folk (including the original designer of the Attack Decay from EHX) got together and put out the mighty fine Attack Sustain.

This new EHX box seems so similar that I'm wondering if it is the same design.

There are definitely similarities since both are based conceptually on the old EHX unit, but the poly mode on the new EHX is a new digital circuit.

TheBradster
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by TheBradster » Thu Sep 05, 2019 1:37 am

Just got mine, had a first play with it last night. Pretty satisfying right out of the box, although Poly mode does seem to add a fair amount of coloration to the signal.

Return to “Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX”