MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

EH Attack Decay (Reissue )
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX  
Author EH Attack Decay (Reissue )
MindMachine
I always wanted one of these when they were released in the 1980's. Pretty much forgot about it and now they go for $1,000. Mr. Green

There is now a reissue of sorts and for $125, so I jumped. Immediately. We'll see how it works with my Echorec and RE-20 for reverse duties (in front or in back).

Should be great for string synth too. I love EH and own way too many of their weirdo pedals.

tremolo3
I don't know what it is, but I want it.
Euro Trash Bazooka
I noticed they reissued it a few days ago and I am pretty excited as well because it was also THE EHX pedal I wanted the most. Too bad they didn't keep the amazing look and shape of the vintage version, though. I really like these huge, old pedals. This one looks ugly as hell, but as long as it gets the job done...
MindMachine
^ I hear you on the old size and art. I keep an old Graphic Fuzz just for that (it sounds great but a large footprint). Broke my heart to sell a Polyphase but it was bunk.
GuyaGuy
I have one and it’s great. It does all of the swells that people mostly know from the Slow Gear. But the envelope control lets you shorten decay for a plinky hollow body sound, banjo or uke vibe, etc. The new poly mode is very cool. Some settings lead to weird glitch sounds but dial it in and it works great. Even the Muffy fuzz is cool.
MindMachine
^ Yeah, I finally dialed it up last night with a bass. Some settings are tricky but it does what it should. Great value.

Using it with an Aria Pro II CSB-380 bass, Mad Professor Golden Cello and Old Blood Noise Endeavors Dark Star Chaos. Giant swells abound.
Kent

About a decade ago, the Pigtronix folk (including the original designer of the Attack Decay from EHX) got together and put out the mighty fine Attack Sustain.

This new EHX box seems so similar that I'm wondering if it is the same design.

GuyaGuy
Kent wrote:

About a decade ago, the Pigtronix folk (including the original designer of the Attack Decay from EHX) got together and put out the mighty fine Attack Sustain.

This new EHX box seems so similar that I'm wondering if it is the same design.

There are definitely similarities since both are based conceptually on the old EHX unit, but the poly mode on the new EHX is a new digital circuit.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX  
Page 1 of 1