MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Dual Mono Outputs
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author Dual Mono Outputs
billyk419
I'm currently in the middle of downsizing my rig. I'm getting rid of my nw2s. Right now, I'm using a uVCA with each output running straight into a Radial ProD2 direct box then into my interface.

Don't really have any complaints about this set up, but I've been considering getting a dedicated output module. I'd like to run two separate voices. It seems that most output modules are stereo. I know a lot will work dual mono, but how many are actually true dual mono (such as the Vermona twinOUT).

I'm leaning toward the Vermona, but wanted to see if I was missing other options?
pekbro
Can't go wrong with the vermona imho, except to possibly consider the
bigger TAI-4 transformer based model. Maybe the ADDAC Systems ADDAC800X. Neither has a specific dual mono mode though.

I use the twinout myself, very happy with it.
Stab Frenzy
What do you want from a dual mono output module? Usually the stereo ones have the convenience of a stereo volume control and headphone amp, and that’s about it. Running straight from your output VCAs to a pro D2 is a nice way to output dual mono, all you’d gain from a dual mono output module would be individual level controls, and you’ve got them in the uVCA anyway.
Alphaman
maybe this one?

https://www.modulargrid.net/e/erica-synths-black-mute-mixer
billyk419
I don't necessarily need the input channels, which is why I was leaning toward the twinout as opposed to the TAI-4. May just save the space in my case and keep what I'm doing now. Can't say I'm disappointed in how it sounds.
sutekina bipu-on
if the signal's going straight to an interface, you could consider simply running the two signals you'd plug into an output module directly into your interface? Most of these interfaces can handle these levels okay. If your interface can't, it might not be so good hihi
billyk419
sutekina bipu-on wrote:
if the signal's going straight to an interface, you could consider simply running the two signals you'd plug into an output module directly into your interface? Most of these interfaces can handle these levels okay. If your interface can't, it might not be so good hihi

I may try that. I saw my spare DI box and figured "Why not put this to work?", but you're right. It is kind of unnecessary
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 1