MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

D1000 CV inputs
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Metasonix  
Author D1000 CV inputs
chrisdermo
Apologies if this is covered somewhere but I couldn't find in a search.

I know the manual says CV range on inputs is from -5v to +5v, but am i likely to damage anything if my input ranges from -10v to +10v, or will it just have no audible effect outside of the -5v/+5v range?

I'm borrowing one from a friend to use with my BugBrand modular and don't want to break it!
chrisdermo
seriously, i just don't get it guess I'll just suck it and see
EPTC
They're pretty sturdy for any input (I have a 2000 not a 1000) but it's cool of you to be mindful, especially with a friend's loan. Stepping down voltage is easier than stepping up. Not difficult to attenuate down to 5V with an offset or simple attenuator.

You have anything like that? I use a CP251 to attenuate 10v gates down to 5v for my moogs.
chrisdermo
EPTC wrote:
They're pretty sturdy for any input (I have a 2000 not a 1000) but it's cool of you to be mindful, especially with a friend's loan. Stepping down voltage is easier than stepping up. Not difficult to attenuate down to 5V with an offset or simple attenuator.

You have anything like that? I use a CP251 to attenuate 10v gates down to 5v for my moogs.

I can scale my sequencer outs for 0-5v and the Bugbrand oscillators swing from -5 to +5 but the envelopes and gates are 0-10v. I’ll use a mixer/attenuator before putting into the d1000, thanks!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Metasonix  
Page 1 of 1