MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Crumar Roadracer Chorus Effect
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Author Crumar Roadracer Chorus Effect
boombipbass
Hi,

I got this piano and althought its nice I am very fond of the Chorus/Phaser & Pitch effect. Is it possible to remove this from the electric piano and have it as an effect with an in and out?

Best L

https://thumbs.worthpoint.com/zoom/images4/1/0411/30/crumar-roadracer- keyboard-electric_1_d159b7dabccd2882c4105d879cafbebc.jpg
jorg
They say the "chorus" is pretty much a Small Stone. You could just get one of those. Otherwise, you'll need to get hold of the schematic.
boombipbass
I thought the small stone was a phaser.
What I love about the crumar is that it also has the pitch slider, I was hoping to maybe add that to the "pedal in becoming" too
boombipbass
jorg wrote:
They say the "chorus" is pretty much a Small Stone. You could just get one of those. Otherwise, you'll need to get hold of the schematic.


I found it, its below here. 6 pages. I am not good at unraveling the schematics, so I am hoping somebody could join me on this adventure.

I see the chorus on page one on the lower right and the pitch on pages 2.

I will open up the Road racer later this week and upload some pictures of the inside. :-)

applause











jorg
boombipbass wrote:
I thought the small stone was a phaser.
What I love about the crumar is that it also has the pitch slider, I was hoping to maybe add that to the "pedal in becoming" too


Yup, and your schematic (page 5) confirms that the "chorus" is a Small-Stone-like phaser.

The pitch slider isn't just an effect; it drives the master oscillator (beginning of the signal chain, not the end). There's no way to use it as a standalone effect.
ixtern
jorg wrote:

The pitch slider isn't just an effect; it drives the master oscillator (beginning of the signal chain, not the end). There's no way to use it as a standalone effect.

"Standalone" effect may be not but as "external" it can be. Add a jack with a switch for a pedal so external circuit can switch off internal pitch slider and in theory it may be done. Only problems may be (or may be not) additional capacitance of the wire (I think it should be shielded) and eventual noise picked from environment. But looks like pot is low value so unwanted pickup may me negligible.
jorg
ixtern wrote:

"Standalone" (pitch) effect may be not but as "external" it can be.


I think boombipbass was looking to apply the pitch effect to other devices, such as guitar. The roadracer's pitch slider doesn't have any way to do that.
boombipbass
jorg wrote:
ixtern wrote:

"Standalone" (pitch) effect may be not but as "external" it can be.


I think boombipbass was looking to apply the pitch effect to other devices, such as guitar. The roadracer's pitch slider doesn't have any way to do that.


Yeah thats what I meant, hoping it would be some sort of pitchbender but I was already afraid it wouldn't work to that degree.

Thanks both for your time!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Page 1 of 1
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group