MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Synthetic Sound Labs - NEW 5u Delay Module * VIDEO *
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Synthetic Sound Labs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Author Synthetic Sound Labs - NEW 5u Delay Module * VIDEO *
essex sound lab
Put a deposit in on the First-Run Special. thumbs up
dude
super cool! did you mention what chip you are using? or kits? i am currently too caffeinated to read fine print. that price is fantastic btw!
bwhittington
$200, wow. What's not to like about that?

Oh, just caught the "first run" pricing. Just sent my deposit in, too.

Cheers,
Brian
analogsteve
I want one. Deposit sent.
kindredlost
Sent the deposit! This looks and sounds great.

-David Ryle
JohnLRice
dslocum wrote:

I've just posted specs, price, description and delivery times on my web site:
http://steamsynth.com/m_DigitalDelay.aspx

Congrats Doug! Looks like a nice module! hyper

FYI: Minor ommision on your specs in the Controls and Connectors section: "Delay CV Input" isn't listed. 8_)
dslocum
JohnLRice wrote:

FYI: Minor ommision on your specs in the Controls and Connectors section: "Delay CV Input" isn't listed. 8_)

Thanks John. I'll fix up soon.
analogsteve
dude wrote:
super cool! did you mention what chip you are using?

I think I read somewhere that it's a PT2395, but I could be wrong. Doug?
JohnLRice
analogsteve wrote:
dude wrote:
super cool! did you mention what chip you are using?

I think I read somewhere that it's a PT2395, but I could be wrong. Doug?

Doesn't look like it from the picture. The PT2395 is a big chip!

Here's a picture of the PCB of my COTK C1680 delay:
analogsteve
I said I could be wrong and I was... It's obviously not a PT2395. I think I was confusing Doug's module with the COTK "Analog" Delay. Doug, help us out here...
dude
it would be great to have a non pt2395 as i have that area covered hihi
dslocum
I should probably mention that in my description.

It's a PT2399.
JohnLRice
dude wrote:
it would be great to have a non pt2395 as i have that area covered hihi

Covered wit whats? hmmm..... The Modcan isn't a PT2395, is it?
dude
i believe there are a number of delays with that chip. bug brand and also f(h) SoS. i currently have and love the latter as you can see from my avatar quote oops
essex sound lab
analogsteve wrote:

This is fun. We're acting like a bunch of euro boys. w00t
JohnLRice
dude wrote:
i believe there are a number of delays with that chip. bug brand and also f(h) SoS. i currently have and love the latter as you can see from my avatar quote oops

Sound Of Shadows uses a PT2399 chip, not a PT2395. 8_)
dude
oh shit, u r totally right. my bad. excited to hear spec/sound differences in those chips!
dude
i took out my modcan to check the chips and post pix but i apparently can't see and also take the worst pix known to man woman or child.
dslocum
dslocum wrote:
JohnLRice wrote:

Thanks John. I'll fix up soon.

Fixed. Thanks.
JohnLRice
dude wrote:
oh shit, u r totally right. my bad. excited to hear spec/sound differences in those chips!

Easy to do. I wonder what the PT2396, PT2397 and PT2398 chips sound like too? lol

All this chip number wrangling aside, from the demos I've heard it seems like Flight's and Doug's delays are two different beasts! thumbs up
JohnLRice
dude wrote:
i took out my modcan to check the chips and post pix but i apparently can't see and also take the worst pix known to man woman or child.

No problem! Just mail it to me and I'll take some pics, free of charge! hyper lol
dslocum
dslocum wrote:
essex sound lab wrote:
Ranxerox wrote:
Man that samplecorder looks tre cool.

Yes, was thinking the same thing.

The preliminary Web page morphs into discussing a parametric filter, though, no?

Oops. Thanks for pointing that out. I'll fix that up soon. It's what happens when you're busy designing synths and web sites all at the same time.

Fixed. Note that the newer design will allow TWO samples to be triggered to play incrementally, but not simultaneously. The SampleCorder is based around an ISD2560 analog voice storage chip. It includes a compander circuit to hold down the noise.

It's too premature to give anymore info at this time.

More modules in the works, Folks. I'm really REALLY pleased with the warm reception today.

THANKS SO MUCH!
dude
JohnLRice wrote:
dude wrote:

No problem! Just mail it to me and I'll take some pics, free of charge! hyper lol

don't look behind you...

Cthulhu
russma
Great work Doug!

Sent deposit.

w00t
bwhittington
essex sound lab wrote:
analogsteve wrote:

This is fun. We're acting like a bunch of euro boys. w00t

lol
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Synthetic Sound Labs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Page 2 of 3