MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

ADDAC701.REV2 VCO
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author ADDAC701.REV2 VCO
dekemcculo
Any word on when this is going to be released/audio demos? Haven't been able to find anything on this, but it appears to be live on the addac website with prices and specs and whatnot. looks very cool for FM and great value both in terms of price and hp, so I've been surprised there's not more convo about it.

http://www.addacsystem.com/product/addac700-series/addac701rev2

sutekina bipu-on
Saw it on preorder at one site and a blurb from a japanese blog about it, awful tempted just hoping to hear a sound demo!

I will likely preorder one regardless. The demos of the origina 701 sounded bad ass. Really tight tone and accurate pitch.
Buttons ARE toys
This one has caught my eye as well. ADDAC stuff seems to be very good quality and I really like the onboard waveform mixing and octave switch.
monads
They are out & available!! Nice HP size and features. I planned to replace a few original 701s with rev2s however I found an odd issue in LFO mode and frequency range limitation to Octave switching. In short it did not function the same as LFO mode in the old 701 which created a tuning problem when patched to a sequencer. I contacted ADDAC regarding and they changed a capacitor on newer rev2s to account for however I'm waiting the part (capacitor) to perform the mod/test myself. If you order you shouldn't experience the issue I have since it should be fixed....but for me I'll have to wait.
Psalm37
monads wrote:
They are out & available!! Nice HP size and features. I planned to replace a few original 701s with rev2s however I found an odd issue in LFO mode and frequency range limitation to Octave switching. In short it did not function the same as LFO mode in the old 701 which created a tuning problem when patched to a sequencer. I contacted ADDAC regarding and they changed a capacitor on newer rev2s to account for however I'm waiting the part (capacitor) to perform the mod/test myself. If you order you shouldn't experience the issue I have since it should be fixed....but for me I'll have to wait.

How did it sound out of LFO mode, satisfactory or better?
monads
It sounded nice. But I didn't perform any direct comparisons to the original since I had the tuning issue and subsequently pulled from my rack immediately thereafter. I'm waiting to receive the part from addac, do the mod then compare against the original.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 1