MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Help identiy SMD part on a soundmachines UF1Microfx module..
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Author Help identiy SMD part on a soundmachines UF1Microfx module..
JakoGreyshire
So There is a long story about this module...

Anyway, I'm recapping it using the instructions that soundmachines provided however I noticed a broken component...

This was not my module.. My friend gave it to me to fix as I like SMD soldering..

Anyone have an idea what it is or what I should replace it with?

I've emailed Soundmachines about it but I haven't heard from them yet and I get the feeling that they are going to ignore me... probably...
seriously, i just don't get it
it could just be a ferrite bead, so no wires inside. can you measure the resistance across it (is there enough metal left)?

what is the switching regulator IC? most people just copy the example schematic from the datasheet (including passives).
JohnLRice
JakoGreyshire, check your PM.
cool
JakoGreyshire
guest wrote:
it could just be a ferrite bead, so no wires inside. can you measure the resistance across it (is there enough metal left)?

what is the switching regulator IC? most people just copy the example schematic from the datasheet (including passives).

No metal as it's snapped off you can see the clean break in one of the photos....... Which also made me think of it being a ferrite bead as it looks fragile...

I'll check datasheets of the the L1117 33... and the other IC in the circuit...

I also have a lead into a more direct line of comunicae thanks to JLR!

I feel like a sleuth searching for a a who done it clue..

Thanks for the help... and Keep the ideas coming!

J
Grumble
My guess it's a diode, since it is after a coil towards a large capacitor.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Page 1 of 1