MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

218e pairs with 225e for MIDI as in Easel Case?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Author 218e pairs with 225e for MIDI as in Easel Case?
@green
Anyone know if the 218e if in the same case as a 225e will sync to midi beat clock and send on the 4 midi busses as it does when seated in an easel case?
Drillionaire
Only if you have a MIDI breakout for the 218e and are sending it MIDI from something. The MIDI 225e and 218e both put MIDI data onto the bus but do not communicate with each other (other than the preset manager portion of the 225e displaying the 218e firmware version when instructed to).
@green
Oh yes of course with the midi breakout. So it would allow the arpeggiator to sync to beat clock with it coming in the midi in of the breakout? So the clock would come into the 218e through the EDAC?
Drillionaire
Sorry, I should have clarified, a MIDI breakout for the 218, not the MIDI breakout for the 225e.
@green
Drillionaire wrote:
Sorry, I should have clarified, a MIDI breakout for the 218, not the MIDI breakout for the 225e.

Gotcha, thanks!

Also found this after some poking

https://buchla.com/guides/Buchla_MIDI_I-O_panel_advanced_use_guide.pdf
Happyanimal
Hope this isn’t a hijack, but does anyone know if the 225e can generate its own clock? Understood it can take an incoming midi clock and convert to pulses, or pass-thru internal bus, but want to know if it is itself a clock generator.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Page 1 of 1