Halloween Jam, and some other stuff

A place to post links to your music, upload tracks and promote yourself.

Moderators: ignatius, Kent, Joe., analogdigital, infradead, lisa, parasitk, plord

dumpster score
Learning to Wiggle

Halloween Jam, and some other stuff

Post by dumpster score » Wed Nov 19, 2008 5:56 am

Wanted to post some stuff I've been working on for you guys to check out.

Here's the song "Overwhelmed" that I recorded on halloween live from my mixer to a fucked up tape deck. One track is a 30. second loop tape playing am radio sounds on a handheld tape recorder. I pause it and use it for a mic about half way through. The other is my MFOS wng through a sub octave filter, and modded phaser. The delay is in the mixer's fx send and I'm fading the two channels into it. Sounds more complicated than it really is. I played a shorter version of this song at the Eugene Noise Fest that will be on a dvd sometime soon I guess. Doesn't seem like it but this is kind of sad, personal song for me about my grandpa being sick. any ways..

This one is a feedback loop made from a tape deck, radio shack reverb, and a contact mic. The reverb and deck are in a floop making the weird tones by messing with the reverb silders, and input volume. The contact mic is in the second input of the reverb picking up drones of the deck and being rubbed on running gears. The delay is on the fx loop of the mixer. Not sure if i'm going to release this, but I know what i'll be doing for my next show :guinness:

Inspired by parastik to make some bug tones with my synth! (cheers dude!)

The finished song "Forced Agoraphobia" from my next full length I'm working on.

Agoraphobia is an anxiety disorder, often precipitated by the fear of having a panic attack in a setting from which there is no easy means of escape. As a result, sufferers of agoraphobia may avoid public and/or unfamiliar places. In severe cases, the sufferer may become confined to his or her home, experiencing difficulty traveling from this "safe place."

cebec
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Re: Halloween Jam, and some other stuff

Post by cebec » Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:57 am

dumpster score wrote:Wanted to post some stuff I've been working on for you guys to check out.

Here's the song "Overwhelmed" that I recorded on halloween live from my mixer to a fucked up tape deck. One track is a 30. second loop tape playing am radio sounds on a handheld tape recorder. I pause it and use it for a mic about half way through. The other is my MFOS wng through a sub octave filter, and modded phaser. The delay is in the mixer's fx send and I'm fading the two channels into it. Sounds more complicated than it really is. I played a shorter version of this song at the Eugene Noise Fest that will be on a dvd sometime soon I guess. Doesn't seem like it but this is kind of sad, personal song for me about my grandpa being sick. any ways..
Brutal and bleak! I like the sense of space in this, too. My first thought upon listening was that it sounds like a vacuum cleaner in a jet engine.
dumpster score wrote: This one is a feedback loop made from a tape deck, radio shack reverb, and a contact mic. The reverb and deck are in a floop making the weird tones by messing with the reverb silders, and input volume. The contact mic is in the second input of the reverb picking up drones of the deck and being rubbed on running gears. The delay is on the fx loop of the mixer. Not sure if i'm going to release this, but I know what i'll be doing for my next show :guinness:
Awesome! The sound of the running gears is haunting and meshes nicely with the eerie howling.
dumpster score wrote: Inspired by parastik to make some bug tones with my synth! (cheers dude!)
:dalek: :sb:
dumpster score wrote: The finished song "Forced Agoraphobia" from my next full length I'm working on.
I especially like what's going on in the background of this one and the mood is oppressive. :bang:

parasitk
Learn to swim

Re: Halloween Jam, and some other stuff

Post by parasitk » Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:04 am

These all kick ass :sb:
dumpster score wrote:Inspired by parastik to make some bug tones with my synth! (cheers dude!)
Awesome, thanks! :mrgreen:

dumpster score
Learning to Wiggle

Post by dumpster score » Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:03 am

thanks a lot for the kind words guys! I'll post one of the more droney songs from the album tonight.

D/A A/D
glorious dissonance

Post by D/A A/D » Thu Nov 20, 2008 7:11 pm

forced agoraphobia is what the fuck I am talking about!!! REGOSPHERE REPRESENT!

I can't wait for this album to drop man!

Return to “Your Tunes Here”