MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

What do I need for this rack?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author What do I need for this rack?
Synthetica
I'm wanting to replace one of the Waldorf NW1's in my setup. Having trouble deciding what to fill the space with.

Debating on replacing Braids with Rings and also maybe replacing the Varigate 4+ with a tiptop Z8000. Any suggestions on my setup?

[/img]
Synthetica
Thinking of this, Improvement or not worth it?

natureclubcassettes
hard to say without knowing what sort of sounds you want to be making, but both set ups look fun to me. however, even though i know that disting covers these, i would want a dedicated module for each of these:

-quantizer
-clock divider
-seq switch
-attenuator/attenuverter
-time-based Cv-able effect (reverb, delay)

also, are you also looking to get rid of the other waldorfs and replace with (mostly) intellijel stuff? and i don't know if i would choose the tip top seq these days, but to each their own.
Synthetica
natureclubcassettes wrote:
hard to say without knowing what sort of sounds you want to be making, but both set ups look fun to me. however, even though i know that disting covers these, i would want a dedicated module for each of these:

-quantizer
-clock divider
-seq switch
-attenuator/attenuverter
-time-based Cv-able effect (reverb, delay)

also, are you also looking to get rid of the other waldorfs and replace with (mostly) intellijel stuff? and i don't know if i would choose the tip top seq these days, but to each their own.

As far as the Waldorf stuff, I was more looking at the size and space of the modules compared to the functions that they offer. For example on the VCA's in almost the same space I could get 8 VCA's as opposed to 2 with the Waldorf, same thing with the envelope module as it is huge. Open to other suggestions here as well.

I was just looking for a versatile Sequencer in general with 16 steps any you would recommend over the Z8000. It just seemed to fit the bill but i'm not tied to getting it specifically.
grep
Adding a quad sequential switch (Doepfer perhaps?) to the Varigate 4+ can give you up to 32 steps of sequencing.
Shledge
You could replace the waldorf oscillators with a couple of Graphic VCOs - smaller footprint, far more powerful.

Same with the DVCA - replace it with VCAs like Veils and save a lot of space.

Ditch the passive mults and use star splitters/stackables, more versatile. Get buffered mults for pitch.
Synthetica
grep wrote:
Adding a quad sequential switch (Doepfer perhaps?) to the Varigate 4+ can give you up to 32 steps of sequencing.

Just looked into Quad seq switch, this is very cool, along with a precision adder (using the Disting to do this now but may get a dedicated one) this covers everything i need sequencing wise for now.

Also adding replacing the Waldorf VCA with a pair of Veild, and replacing the Waldorf Envelope with a quad ADSR should be much more versatile in a smaller foot print.

Thanks.
Synthetica
Here is where I'm going to end up for now, Row 1 is inside a Waldorf KB37, Mordax Data is mostly performing clock divide utilities for now. Seems much more practical and efficient.

MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 1