MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Mini jack Insert cables???
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author Mini jack Insert cables???
R.U.Nuts
Hey there, does anybody know wether there are any insert type cables with 1/8" jacks comercially available? - Preferably in the EU?

Insert cable: One TRS plug on one side and two TS plugs on the other side with one connected to the tip and sleeve and one connected to the ring and sleeve of the TRS plug.

I'd need two of them. One to use my 4MS DLD as an Insert effect for a microphone (mixer preamp boosts the mic to line level which is sufficient in tis use scenario because I won't be mixing that signal with hotter modular signals) The other one to get access to the start/stop trigger on the clock output of my Drumbrute which should be available on the ring of a TRS cable according to the manual...
euromorcego
R.U.Nuts wrote:
Hey there, does anybody know wether there are any insert type cables with 1/8" jacks comercially available? - Preferably in the EU?

Insert cable: One TRS plug on one side and two TS plugs on the other side with one connected to the tip and sleeve and one connected to the ring and sleeve of the TRS plug.

there are quite a few of those ... for example to get a (din)sync clock that uses stereo jacks (like arturia) into two mono jacks (tip and ring). It is a stereo to dual mono.

Something like this? (there is probably better quality available also ... i know that schneidersladen once had such cables, but they were like 20eur)
https://www.amazon.co.uk/3-5mm-Stereo-Plugs-Audio-Splitter-Black/dp/B0 0WKA3GAE/

or

https://www.schneidersladen.de/en/y-kabel-3-5kst-2x-6-3km-5m-pvc.html

(but there one side is 1/4'')
BugBrand
I'd suggest searching for stereo to twin mono rather than insert. Oh and use the correct term 3.5mm - 1/8" does not exist!. They definitely exist 'cos I got one with my pair of Minirigs to split a stereo headphone out to the two mono channels.
R.U.Nuts
Hey there! Thank you both. That cheapo Amazon cable is what I was looking for but I'll do another search to maybe find some better quality ones.

And actually I searched for 3,5mm plugs. For some reason I thought I'd ask for 1/8" here because I assumed most users here are from English speaking countries where the metric system is desperately rejected for some strange reason. w00t d'oh!

Thanks for the hint to search for stereo to dual mono cables...
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 1