MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Intellijel Outs
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author Intellijel Outs
intellijel

Outs enables your modular system to output both professional and prosumer compliant audio, and send it to external amplifiers, mixers, recording devices, or DAW interfaces. Using the L+R Level knob, it scales modular-level voltages down to the level required to drive external gear at either the +4dBu balanced professional line-level standard or the -10 dbV unbalanced standard.

Headphone monitoring is also provided via a low noise built-in headphone amp with its own independent level control, capable of driving a wide range of impedances — from studio grade headphones to portable style earbuds.

To use Outs, simply connect the final output of your patch to the ⅛” inputs. The built-in activity LEDs light up to indicate the presence and intensity of the input signal. The left input is normalled to the right, so you can create a stereo signal from a mono source. Or if you have an Intellijel Mixup, you can remove a jumper from its rear panel, and connect it to the Outs module using the 3-pin link cable included with the Mixup.

Features

* Low noise, clear and punchy audio
    * Headphone amp capable of driving high impedance headphones via 1/4″ stereo Neutrik jack.
    * Two channel, +4dBu balanced line level outputs on TRS 1/4″ Neutrik jacks (fully compatible with -10 dbV unbalanced audio gear).
    * Left input is normalled to the Right input, allowing a mono input signal to drive both stereo output channels.
    * LEDs to monitor the modular-level signal sent into the device.
    * Attenuator knob for the line out level, plus a separate volume control for headphones.
    * 3-pin link connector on the back for connecting the output of a Mixup module directly to the Outs module.

https://intellijel.com/shop/eurorack/outs/

MANUAL

Modular Grid

Width 6HP
Depth 34.5mm skiff/palette friendly
Power 37mA @ +12V 29mA @ -12V
MSRP $149 USD
Available now!
Schrank
So this is basically a new version of ujack with balanced output?
The single knob for left/right volume control is a good decision. The two independent knobs on the ujack are an annoyance to me, never had a use for them.
The new layout with the jacks on top is good too, makes more sense this way in most cases I think. thumbs up
kisielk
Schrank wrote:
So this is basically a new version of ujack with balanced output?
The single knob for left/right volume control is a good decision. The two independent knobs on the ujack are an annoyance to me, never had a use for them.
The new layout with the jacks on top is good too, makes more sense this way in most cases I think. thumbs up

This is replacing the uJack and incorporating a lot of the improved circuitry from our 1U output and headphone modules.
mick
What is the reason to switch the jacks to the top of the module, compared to the uJack?
kisielk
Most equipment has 1/4" outputs on the back and usually the cables go away from you. So it seems more logical for a panel to have them at the top so if you're using a case on a table you can put the module in the top right and the cables are out of the way.
Nutritional Zero
kisielk wrote:
Most equipment has 1/4" outputs on the back and usually the cables go away from you. So it seems more logical for a panel to have them at the top so if you're using a case on a table you can put the module in the top right and the cables are out of the way.

Except in the case of headphone cables which go towards you rather than “away from you” and are more likely to be in the way than 1/4” cables running out to a mixer or interface.

I have an Intellijel 1U headphone output but it’s sitting in a box because I just couldn’t stand having my headphone cable dragging across everything and getting in the way. I use a Make Noise Rosie mounted in the bottom right position, which is the correct position both ergonomically and from a signal flow perspective.
kisielk
Glad you have a module that already suits your needs then
Granular
Chose this one for my first Rack
maltemark
If this replaces ujack, is the rear connection from azimuth II possible with this one too?
Citizen Klaus
maltemark wrote:
If this replaces ujack, is the rear connection from azimuth II possible with this one too?

Speaking of which, of all the modules that could use a reissue...
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 1