MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Metropolis Always Running On Start-Up
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author Metropolis Always Running On Start-Up
thebends9
I'm losing my mind. How do I change this from being the default behavior?

Is there a way for Metropolis to startup in a standby state, waiting for me to press the run button?
deke
I asked this question long ago with no response. I'm with you. I'd like to know. It's not critical to me, but let's just be thankful they aren't making blenders and power tools! :-)
Fastus
Just push the int/ext button and set the sequencer to EXT with the data pot. All done. There, how long did that take?

They'll probably include a fix in the next firmware if enough people mentioned it, but I doubt they'll be a dedicated release just for this minor nuisance.
deke
Fastus wrote:
Just push the int/ext button and set the sequencer to EXT with the data pot. All done. There, how long did that take?

They'll probably include a fix in the next firmware if enough people mentioned it, but I doubt they'll be a dedicated release just for this minor nuisance.

You are so wise. We are so fortunate to have your guidance. Thank you for taking the time away from all your super important responsibilities to help. Bless you.
Fastus
I am but your humble servant, oh Most High & Entitled Whininess - please alert me immediately if you have even more pressing issues, no matter how trivial. People like you bring joy & blessings to the world!
BlackMarbleFelix
I do this by having tempi in run/stop all mode and having metropolis externally clocked from it. Tempi doesnt send the clocks until it gets a gate from whatever you're using to gate (sometimes i have ableton transport sending a 5v gate through es3, sometimes i use one button on mordax data as a latched gate that is essentially my play/pause button for the eurorack)
deke
Fastus wrote:
I am but your humble servant, oh Most High & Entitled Whininess - please alert me immediately if you have even more pressing issues, no matter how trivial. People like you bring joy & blessings to the world!

No no no, you are the true treasure as what persons life is not complete without an all knowing sage to depend on. Though we have not heard from him I’m sure you assuaged the OPs apparent panic with your wise and soothing reply. I feel honored, nay blessed, simply to have observed it all.

Though I pale before your know it allness perhaps you will find additional wisdom here: https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/fulfillment-any-age/201711/7-t hings-insecure-people-do-try-seem-important
Fastus
Ah, I'm glad you see it my way - it's people like you who prevent this place from becoming like 'Lord of the Flies'.

Perhaps a moderator could rename this pointless thread "Don't tell them about the dirty fork" in homage to the Monty Python sketch about turning a teeny molehill into a mountain.

BTW I do hope your 401k is doing well & you're getting plenty of fiber in your diet.
deke
Fastus wrote:
Ah, I'm glad you see it my way - it's people like you who prevent this place from becoming like 'Lord of the Flies'.

Perhaps a moderator could rename this pointless thread "Don't tell them about the dirty fork" in homage to the Monty Python sketch about turning a teeny molehill into a mountain.

BTW I do hope your 401k is doing well & you're getting plenty of fiber in your diet.

Good to know you care! Investments are up 6 figures the past few months (though Trump is sure to do something to bring that down again - fricking roller coaster) AND my wife just gave me a kale salad and sweet potato and slaw burrito for dinner. This is not our usual fare. Though not equal to our other coincidence I thought that was funny.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 1