MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Any Fake Chord Effect Module around???
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author Any Fake Chord Effect Module around???
mentalskragma
I loved the idea of Erthenvar Patch Chord in the past. But its discontinued and it was too big for a digital simple multi pitch shift harmonize effect.

Is there any other new better options for creating chords from a inserted audio input??

Thanks!
cliffemu
Clouds plus 2HP arp
goldi
Clouds plus any arp. Run it fast and there's your chord.
Yes Powder
Clouds plus arpeggio, 100% wet reverb plus arpeggio, precisely timed delay plus arpeggio, just a plain really fast arpeggio...
batch
Or Plaits in chord mode
lisa
batch wrote:
Or Plaits in chord mode

The OP is looking for an effect that will turn the audio source you send it into a chord. Like a pitch shifter with three separate pitches.
mentalskragma
Yes, Plaits don't work for me... I need my own audio sources.

Thanks for the great idea of very fast arps too...

What do you think about Clock Dividers/Multipliers?? Sounds exactly the same as real chords??? What's the best modules to make this trick besides 4ms RCD??? The 4ms Quad Expander works for making chords too??

On my first setup I was thinking about Expert Sleepers Disting and I discovered that it has a clock generator mode. Would it make this multiple dividers to make chords???? Any better option with more clock options??
Shledge
Clouds has some latency though, so not really ideal.
Yes Powder
mentalskragma wrote:
What do you think about Clock Dividers/Multipliers?? Sounds exactly the same as real chords???

Off the top of my head, I know you'll be able to get one octave down (/2), and octave and a fifth down (/3), two octaves down (/4), and three octaves down (/8). I'm not sure what intervals (/5), (/6), and (/7) correspond to, but I can tell you that they won't be in Equal Temperament.

EDIT: Just realized (/6) would be two octaves and a fifth down.
mdoudoroff
Is the new Rossum PANHARMONIUM capable of something like what the OP wants? I see that some of the presets are chordal.
lisa
I get my fake chords from the Boss VE-20. Not a module, though.

sutekina bipu-on
What about the upcoming Accord Melisma by SDS digital?

kwaidan
sutekina bipu-on wrote:
What about the upcoming Accord Melisma by SDS digital?

No. It sends MIDI out or CV. The original OP wants something that can turn a single sound into a chord like the Erthenvar Patch Chord.
mentalskragma
Yeah... This new Melisma is MIDI. I need to process audio. With no latency like Clouds.

About the PANHARMONIUM is cool but it generates different tones resonation. Not the real transposed tone (thats what I understood right now).

About Clock divisions, I see that would generate low notes, but clock multipliers wouldn't make this chords on higher notes?? Nobody tried this??

I see Make Noise Tempi, 4ms RCD, Expert Sleepers Disting.... it seems like Tempi and 4ms makes clocking faster 2x 4x 6x 8x....wouldn't this make the Audio play higher and higher tones over the original input?????

I couldn't find good demos on Youtube or Soundcloud using this method to hear if it sounds good.... Am I wrong??? Does it sound bad??
Yes Powder
mentalskragma wrote:
About Clock divisions, I see that would generate low notes, but clock multipliers wouldn't make this chords on higher notes?? Nobody tried this??

A clock multiplier (assuming it will work in the audio range) will give you the same series of intervals as a divider, but going up instead of down. Again though, they won't be in Equal Temperament.

Also worth noting that the tracking range of clock multipliers (even those that advertise functionality at audio rates) can be limited; you may experience skips in tracking behavior before even reaching the interval you want.

If you really want to try chords using multipliers and dividers, here are tables of the harmonic series and subharmonic series. Note the variances.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Undertone_series#notes_in_the_series
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harmonic_series_(music)#harmonics_and_tun ing
notmiserlouagain
Whatabout something completely different like
tc electronics quintessence or brainwaves pedals?
flashheart
mentalskragma wrote:
Yeah... This new Melisma is MIDI. I need to process audio. With no latency like Clouds.

About the PANHARMONIUM is cool but it generates different tones resonation. Not the real transposed tone (thats what I understood right now).

About Clock divisions, I see that would generate low notes, but clock multipliers wouldn't make this chords on higher notes??

If you want to keep the original sound, clock dividers/multipliers won't works as they generate square/pulses only.

I don't know of any method that will transpose audio into chords without some latency.
Fallen_lassen
Boss hr -2 or ps 3 , 5 or 6
turn my minimoog voyager oldschool in a poly synth.
dude
you could probably use maths Exxxcellent

or maybe that qubit chord v 2?
mentalskragma
Fallen_lassen wrote:
Boss hr -2 or ps 3 , 5 or 6
turn my minimoog voyager oldschool in a poly synth.

Great options!! I just check "TC Helicon - Play Acoustics" and it seems real powerfull and zero latency harmonization plus many other effects. Have anyone tried these new processors??

About the clock multipliers, are you sure that the modules don't get the exact same wave curve input and make it faster output with the same curves??
Yes Powder
mentalskragma wrote:
About the clock multipliers, are you sure that the modules don't get the exact same wave curve input and make it faster output with the same curves??

Unless you're using square waves, I'm positive.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 1