MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

DFAM/M32 Prospective Companion Setup
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author DFAM/M32 Prospective Companion Setup
brianv948
https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/906257

After spending a lot time listening to modular synth artist I like and watching endless videos, I think I'm close on my set up to go with my Moog DFAM & M32. This is supposed to be 2 separate Make Noise 104 hp skiffs. I already have one skiff with Maths, Int QVCA, Nano Plaits, Pico Logic, Pico Multi and 4ms QCD with Expander (top row). Having a lot of fun already. I love playing with multiple syncopated rhythms but want the flexibility to breath and get a little ambient as well.

I would love some input if I am going in the right direction, should I make some changes or how should I fill that last 10hp hole.

Thanks a ton!
batch
I would swap the Intuitive Quantizer for an 8hp o_C. It will give you 4 Channels of quantizers but a lot of other things too. I also think it’s a better quantizer than the ADDAC (I sold mine and kept the o_C)
Richard deHove
I'd eliminate the TipTop, ADDAC and Maths for a pair of Distings. I'd also consider WMD Crucible instead of the HiHat module.
Risc_Terilia
Some sort of effects? Disting would fill that gap somewhat..
sko87pro
I think you will need the right kind of buffered multiple IF you want to interface pitch CV between Mother-32 and other modules. The Doepfer A-182-1 is passive, so it won’t give you this. There are good options for suitable buffered mults from Frap Tools, Intellijel, Malekko, or AJH Synth.

Here is a great article by Chris Meyer explaining this:

https://learningmodular.com/when-do-you-actually-need-a-buffered-multi ple/
cptnal
A clock divider can give you a lot of mileage in rhythmic and ambient applications. If you're a 4MS fan, their RCD (with expander) kills it.
Risc_Terilia
sko87pro wrote:
I think you will need the right kind of buffered multiple IF you want to interface pitch CV between Mother-32 and other modules. The Doepfer A-182-1 is passive, so it won’t give you this. There are good options for suitable buffered mults from Frap Tools, Intellijel, Malekko, or AJH Synth.

Why not replace it with A-185-2 Precision Adder, also function as a 1 to 3 buffered mult.
sko87pro
Risc_Terilia wrote:
sko87pro wrote:

Why not replace it with A-185-2 Precision Adder, also function as a 1 to 3 buffered mult.

True, or could get a Disting MK4 which has the Adder (plus loads more) and an Intellijel buffered mult. This combo is 6HP, same as the A-185-2. Lots of options.
Risc_Terilia
sko87pro wrote:
Risc_Terilia wrote:
sko87pro wrote:

True, or could get a Disting MK4 which has the Adder (plus loads more) and an Intellijel buffered mult. This combo is 6HP, same as the A-185-2. Lots of options.

Yeah, all roads lead to Disting!
brianv948
batch wrote:
I would swap the Intuitive Quantizer for an 8hp o_C. It will give you 4 Channels of quantizers but a lot of other things too. I also think it’s a better quantizer than the ADDAC (I sold mine and kept the o_C)

I may look into that. I chose the ADDAC mainly because someone I know has one and likes it, but I'm for space saving and if I can get added features, all the better.

Thanks!
brianv948
Richard deHove wrote:
I'd eliminate the TipTop, ADDAC and Maths for a pair of Distings. I'd also consider WMD Crucible instead of the HiHat module.

I would have a hard time off loading my Maths, I have it now and it's pretty useful. The WMD Crucible looks pretty interesting, might look into that.

The Disting has been on and off my modular grid a dozen times. I get excited about it, then it gets bumped for something else. Back and forth. Sounds like I need to put it back in. The amount of stuff it can do for only 4 hp is hard to resist I admit, but I've heard there is a bit of menu diving. I guess it would be worth it.

Thanks!
brianv948
Risc_Terilia wrote:
Some sort of effects? Disting would fill that gap somewhat..

Warming up to the Disting for sure.

Thanks!
brianv948
sko87pro wrote:

You may not have seen the Pico Multi. Buffered and active. This is the very reason I chose to add this module, did some reading on this issue. Love Chris Meyer, hadn't seen this video - perfect demonstration.

Thanks!
brianv948
cptnal wrote:
A clock divider can give you a lot of mileage in rhythmic and ambient applications. If you're a 4MS fan, their RCD (with expander) kills it.

I agree with you, but I had the RCD for a minute and traded it in for the QCD, multiplies and divides. Run it into the Pico Logic and you get some really crazy rhythms!
brianv948
Risc_Terilia wrote:
sko87pro wrote:

May do a little digging and consider swapping the A-182-1 for the A-185-2. Good thought.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 1