MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

LPG & Dual Preamp - 2 new modules, Jul19
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> BugBrand Devices  
Author LPG & Dual Preamp - 2 new modules, Jul19
BugBrand
More details up online next week.

LPG (Low Pass Gate) - vactrol based in a similar manner to old designs but now with integrated Variable-Decay 'Hit' generator. The switch offers LowPass/Both/Gate modes.
[I realised last week that you could kind of make a Decay/Sustain/Release response by patching a keyboard gate into both the Hit and CV modulation - using the gate via CV as the final sustain level after the transient hit - little bonus feature!]
£140 - Current V+ 25mA & V- 15mA

Dual Preamp - twin balanced input line preamplifier to bring external line signals up to modular levels. Clean gain up to c.20dB. LED indicator lights green for signal and red when +/-5V is exceeded. There is a rear jumper for each side which adds zener limiting to clamp the output to +/-5V [ie. overdrive saturation crunch]
£130 - Current V+ 30mA & V- 30mA

chrisdermo
Looks ace Tom! Happy to see the dual preamp back.
shred
applause looking great!
very, very excited about the preamp!
T. Jervell
Niiiice applause
lud
That LPG looks freakin awesome! Love the 'hit' function!
lud
What's the vactrol response like on the LPG Tom?
construct09
shred wrote:
applause looking great!
very, very excited about the preamp!

Hell yes!
indexofmetals
great to see two essential modules back
Kafgee
nanners Rockin' Banana!
castano
LPG applause applause applause
odditymedium
what is an LPG useful for, musically?
chrisdermo
odditymedium wrote:
what is an LPG useful for, musically?

https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=201634&sid=5a52719f8 3329deb7997ee5d4cabf556
odditymedium
thank you, chris
sensanalog
I can confirm, tom’s lpg sounds warm, wordy and beautiful as ever. It has this sharpness to it that I love. Thanks Tom!
Voltage_Controller
Count me in for an LPG! nanners
lud
sensanalog wrote:
I can confirm, tom’s lpg sounds warm, wordy and beautiful as ever. It has this sharpness to it that I love. Thanks Tom!

Short and snappy or does it ring longer?
BugBrand
I go through the vactrols selecting ones which have relatively fast responses - the slow ones feel too slow. And I don't think I particularly want to have two different classes floating around, one fast one slow. You can always slow down CVs, but speeding things up is harder.
dogoftears
can the LPG process CVs?

BugBrand wrote:
I go through the vactrols selecting ones which have relatively fast responses - the slow ones feel too slow. And I don't think I particularly want to have two different classes floating around, one fast one slow. You can always slow down CVs, but speeding things up is harder.

just stick 2 in there and let us choose with a switch w00t
BugBrand
CVs - no, but the cutoff point is 0.15Hz
chrisdermo
I gotta say, I didn't really get what all the hubbub was about with LPGs until I tried this one from Tom yesterday. What a beautiful processor! So much character, and really lends itself for playing via the CTL1 or JoyTouch with the aforementioned method of feeding a gate to hit+cv input together.
Great work Tom! we're not worthy
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> BugBrand Devices  
Page 1 of 1