MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Pam’s NW and Octatrack- Which Should Be Master Clock?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author Pam’s NW and Octatrack- Which Should Be Master Clock?
SnipeCatcher
Obvious noob question, but curious if anyone has an opinion on this?
Shledge
Depends on what you want to do? seriously, i just don't get it
SnipeCatcher
Well, I just want them syncing tightly. Right now now, I use the Octatrack to midi clock an Elektron Analog Four, then the A4 CV clocks Pam’s. I’m doing stuff right now that’s all live sampling and sound mangling, so I’d like to take the Analog Four out of the mix and just use the Octatrack and my 7U 104 setup. To do that (as far as I know), I’d need to either get a midi/cv module so the Octatrack can be the master clock, or get the expansion for Pam’s and have it be the master clock. Just curious if one way is tighter than another smile
AndreasD
There should not be any difference if either one or the other is the master.
To me it's more important where my hands are when I need to start/stop the system.
At the moment I use my Cirklon as master and clock PNW (and others) from the Cirklon's sync out to PNW clock and run inputs using a DIN sync to cv adapter cable.
technicoloraudio
I’ve never had an issue with Pam’s receiving click front oT mkII, but if you want perfect sync I would send click to OT.
The reasom being is that OT will calculate BPM at higher resolution than PNW, so if for some reason you tap in BPM at 97.6 on the OT, PNW will do a little freaking out between 96 and 97 BPM.
Sometimes that caused light glitching I’m clocked LFOs and sometimes not. It seemed to really skew things once there was CV being applied to certain parameters on PNW.
SnipeCatcher
AndreasD wrote:
There should not be any difference if either one or the other is the master.
To me it's more important where my hands are when I need to start/stop the system.
At the moment I use my Cirklon as master and clock PNW (and others) from the Cirklon's sync out to PNW clock and run inputs using a DIN sync to cv adapter cable.

I’m on the waiting list for a Cirklon, should I live that long smile
I suppose my hands would prefer to start/stop on the Octatrack, I’ve just heard it would be tighter the other way around
0BSRVR
I clock my modular with master midi clock and transport control from OT mk1 to a Hex Mutant Brain. The brain then kicks out all the signals I need to sync both my stillson hammer mk2 and DFAM. Everything is in rock solid sync. Love it. Mutant Brain is the same as the CVOCD.
youwontsimi
Clocking PAMs from Elektron devices is quite easy if you use DinSync in 24pps as described here:

https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=3085645
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 1