MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Muff Challenges reboot?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author Muff Challenges reboot?
3hands
I miss the old Muff challenges. Years ago (before I had a modular), I would love sorting through the challenge videos, and audio listening to everyone really trying to put their best foot forward. Now that I have a modular (and a username), I’m wondering why we can’t bring these back? I miss the camaraderie, regardless of formats, and just the bleep-out levels of nerd It tended to get stirring. If this hasn’t happened because it’s a time thing, or a lack of ideas thing, I would be more than happy to grab the bull by the horns and take command of something. Who’s with me on this?
sduck
I think it just needs someone with a plan and the time - go for it, see if it flies!
mckenic
No idea what your talking about... but Im interested now...
Parnelli
I'm in... it would truly be challenging to have to sit and watch me through an entire video! thumbs up

No really, that would be cool, except I don't do video really. I'd like to though, but you know how it is once you start down that modular pathway... little time or money for other things...

Still I would be interested in the learning end of it fer sure!
cptnal
I'm wholeheartedly behind the idea in principle, but I fear I'd end up just an interested observer. That whole doing videos thing just seems to me like lost wiggling time. Good luck! thumbs up
Parnelli
Great point cptnal!

At 62 I suppose you could say that I'm running out of wiggle room... hihi
3hands
Suppose we said to hell with videos and simply uploaded audio files? I trust each and everyone of you to not complete a modular challenge with a matrix 12....
revtor
If you build it they will come!
cptnal
Come to think of it I may have already participated in this kind of thing - one oscillator challenge. Also, searching for "challenge" yields all sorts of interesting things, such as:

"1) ‪#‎NoMorePatchCables‬
You have to use all your cables and record the result. I limited myself to all my stack cables last night.

2) ‪#‎PatchWithoutPower‬
You have to patch with the modular turned off. Knobs tweaks are allowed while patching. Power on, don't touch and simply record your take." PaleSkinnySwede, 2015

Is this the kind of thing we're talking about? I'm already interested in those two. This is fun!
3hands
cptnal wrote:
Come to think of it I may have already participated in this kind of thing - one oscillator challenge. Also, searching for "challenge" yields all sorts of interesting things, such as:

"1) ‪#‎NoMorePatchCables‬
You have to use all your cables and record the result. I limited myself to all my stack cables last night.

2) ‪#‎PatchWithoutPower‬
You have to patch with the modular turned off. Knobs tweaks are allowed while patching. Power on, don't touch and simply record your take." PaleSkinnySwede, 2015

Is this the kind of thing we're talking about? I'm already interested in those two. This is fun!

That’s exactly what we’re talking about!!! I like both those ideas immensely! Also a limited number of patch cables... say 10. And then record the result.
cptnal
Kewl. But I'm afraid I must temporarily recuse myself from the initiative.

I've just succeeded in nailing a patch it's taken me over a year to understand, so I've got some exploring to do with that before I can do other things. waah
3hands
You are absolutely excused! smile I have to get a track off to my label for a release this week, but could post the first challenge up this weekend. I won’t be uploading audio when I post the challenge, as I feel that’s unfair. Looking forward to this. It’s going to be amazing!
naught101
Interested!

Some ideas:

Single audio source
Touching cables with fingers as triggers/CV
cptnal
naught101 wrote:
Interested!

Some ideas:

Single audio source

Not new, sorry...
https://freesound.org/people/cptnal/packs/26173/
...but buckets of single-audio-source. Hoping to get the ball rolling anyway.

naught101 wrote:
Touching cables with fingers as triggers/CV

This one sounds a bit too "performative" for my taste. I'm more of a sit-back-and-let-it-play-itself kinda wiggler. Mr. Green
3hands
There will be challenges for the sit back and let it play type, but also performance based ideas, designed to get everyone out of their comfort zones. These challenges should not just be fun, but should teach each and every one of us something new. Even if we’re afraid to venture into those sorts of ideas on our own, it’s so much better knowing there are a couple more people in the same boat. It’s a strength by numbers thing.
luketeaford
Cool-- I would be interested in this, too.
BenA718
Definitely interested.
Gyroscope
Interested too.
3hands
Ok, first challenge will go up Tomorrow night. Maybe we can make them a month long? Or is that wayyy to much time? A week? 2 weeks? I’m sure it depends on the challenge as well, but some people are in front of the modular daily, and others maybe once a week (or less).
BenA718
A month would be a good span of time; some of us have patches set up for recordings and stuff which may not be able to be broken down.
mckenic
Agreed. Im at the arse end of writing for uni but would do my best to be involved!

thumbs up
3hands
Posting now....
sduck
I moved it to the former artist challenge forum, and gave the forum title a dusting off. Hope that's ok...
mckenic
Thank you!
3hands
sduck wrote:
I moved it to the former artist challenge forum, and gave the forum title a dusting off. Hope that's ok...

Thanks! I wasn’t sure where to put it!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2