MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Schematics for 200r modules?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Author Schematics for 200r modules?
mestlick
I'm looking for the schematic and board component overlay for the 258 Rev 2.0. I don't see it on any sites. My 258 has started misbehaving.

I have a tech that has worked on some Serge stuff that I trust to fix my 258. I'd like to give him some more information, rather than just handing over a broken module.

I've purchased a bunch of 200r modules already built from this site and Reverb. It would be nice to have schematics and board diagrams to aid in maintenance. Does anyone know where the are or how to get them?
jimfowler
http://www.synthfool.com/docs/Buchla/Buchla_200/

https://modularsynthesis.com/roman/buchla.htm

Magnus Buchla was great but appears to be down.

- Jim
thetwlo
jimfowler wrote:
http://www.synthfool.com/docs/Buchla/Buchla_200/

miss Kevin so much.
djs
What is your 258 doing in that it’s acting up?
mestlick
My square osc has jumped up in frequency by like 6 octaves. It goes above audible about 1/4 turn from the bottom. The frequency knob and CV inputs still seem to work.

For the past year or so it would occasionally do this (go super high frequency), but if I swept the frequency knob up and down it would go back to normal. Once I think I got it to behave again by sweeping a CV all the way up and down. But now it's stuck and nothing I do helps.

Synthfool has pretty complete info about the original modules.

Modularsynthesis has some pretty amazing build and repair reports. It looks like it took a lot of time to write all that up, and is super helpful for building and repairing clone modules.
But the original schematics are not there. Were they ever released with the boards? Or are all the module makers just going by the BOMs and tracing the boards when debugging?
levelhead3
mestlick wrote:
But the original schematics are not there. Were they ever released with the boards? Or are all the module makers just going by the BOMs and tracing the boards when debugging?

As far as I know Roman never released the schematics for his PCB's.
captnapalm
levelhead3 wrote:
mestlick wrote:

As far as I know Roman never released the schematics for his PCB's.

I think Dave Brown has a full set of schematics for Roman pcbs, with the agreement that he'll assist users with repairs (for a fee) but not release them publicly.
dksynth
captnapalm wrote:
with the agreement that he'll assist users with repairs (for a fee) but not release them publicly.

what a world
djs
mestlick wrote:
For the past year or so it would occasionally do this (go super high frequency), but if I swept the frequency knob up and down it would go back to normal. Once I think I got it to behave again by sweeping a CV all the way up and down. But now it's stuck and nothing I do helps.

Sounds like something that's fairly fixable. I have never seen Roman's modules, but I would be willing to bet that it's not far off from the original 258 schematics.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Page 1 of 1