MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

1979 Dual Algorithmic Oscillator WMAP | scanning the x and y
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Author 1979 Dual Algorithmic Oscillator WMAP | scanning the x and y
@green
Exploring one of the many great algorithms this module has to offer. This is the WMAP algorithm in the wavetable synthesis category. The 5 note sequence is coming from the Sequential Voltage Source on a BEMI Easel. Same with the verb. Using the built-in VCA and AD function generator from the module. Goal is to give an idea of the many timbres available in just this one algorithm. Thanks to Émilie Gillet of Mutable Instruments for designing the original circuit in their Braids module for Eurorack. Thanks to Wes of Grayscale and 1979 for adapting it to Buchla format. Thanks to Bob Borries for creating the illustrated manual.

Kent
Nice. I saw this earlier today. I’d love to see you expand the series with various firmwares. I’ll load Renaissance onto one channel later this week.
@green
Kent wrote:
Nice. I saw this earlier today. I’d love to see you expand the series with various firmwares. I’ll load Renaissance onto one channel later this week.

Are the various firmwares loadable on the DAO? I asked the question in one of the fb groups and didn’t seem to get a solid answer.
Kent
From Mr. 1979 himself:

“It should work, by design the DAO does all the voltage conversion in hardware to avoid having to issue firmware patches (or tinker with the code in the first place).”
@green
That’s cool to know, probably gonna explore the stock 1.9 firmware for a bit. The firmware malleability is one of the cool things about Émilie’s designs. I was also under the impression that the Stereo Microsound Processor wasn’t compatible with alt firmwares, but maybe that’s incorrect?
jo__dem
@green wrote:
I was also under the impression that the Stereo Microsound Processor wasn’t compatible with alt firmwares, but maybe that’s incorrect?

i heard the same. maybe its just the SMP thats not?
sempervirent
The DAO should work with Renaissance, Bees in the Trees, etc but I have only ever tested or used the stock firmware (even in Eurorack). But as Kent mentions, the DAO does all the CV/audio conversion in hardware so changing the firmware should not be a problem. Renaissance in particular is a minimal modification on the original.

The SMP on the other hand is running custom firmware and one can't simply load Parasites (for example) onto the module. Parasites would have to be customized to work with the SMP. This isn't something I can take on at this time but if anyone wants to volunteer, I could supply a prototype unit to use for this purpose.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Page 1 of 1