MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Paia 4700 year of introduction?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Fractional Rack Modules  
Author Paia 4700 year of introduction?
bloodyhell
Just out of plain nerdy curiosity, I wonder when the 4700 was introduced. I got 1978 and 1981, then again, manuals for some of the 4700 modules read copyright 1974 and 1976. Which is it now? The 4700 I possess came with a 2720 style power supply, does that mean it's a very early one?
e-grad
edit: sorry, thought your're talking about the 2700.
JohnLRice
The earliest PAiA catalog I have here is from 1974 and it has 4700 series modules in it but no particular announcement about it being "new and improved" etc. I've read that the 2700 series came out in 1972 so the 4700 series must have come out sometime between late 1972 and early 1974?
Jim the Oldbie
Yeah, if I remember correctly the 4700 stuff just started appearing a piece or 2 at a time - I started out with a 2700 kit, but later added the 4700 balanced modulator, stereo mixer, sequencer, etc.

Wish I would've kept more catalogs & literature from back then.
KSS
It's called the 4700 because it was introduced in 74. The 2700 was introduced in '72.

For your other questions in threads here be sure to ask Scott at Paia. He's friendly, informed and by far your best resource for PAIA technical information. Either call him or use the PAIAtalk forum.
KSS
Jim the Oldbie wrote:
Wish I would've kept more catalogs & literature from back then.

Almost all the old literature is posted at 200DPI on the PAIAtalk forum. Scott will sell higher resolution copies if desired or needed.

see also Marvin P Jones website for old PAIA docs.
Rob_C
KSS wrote:
It's called the 4700 because it was introduced in 74. The 2700 was introduced in '72.

The 1974 catalog (the catalog featuring the Gnome character on the front) listed the 4700 series Stereo Mixer, Envelope Generator, Watt Block, Sequencer and (wood finished) Wing Cabinet. The first issue of Paia's Polyphony magazine in 1975 announced the release of the 4700 series VCO, Multi-modal VCF, and the Tolex covered Wing Cabinet (Road Case) and Keyboard Case. The VCO and VCF had a discounted pre-release price for past customers until the "anticipated shipping date of the first units (Dec 1, 1975)." In 1976 the first 4700 package was offered (4700/S) for $499, a three oscillator system with supporting modules, sequencer and keyboard.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Fractional Rack Modules  
Page 1 of 1