MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Unfiltered Audio LION - Synthetizer
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Software  
Author Unfiltered Audio LION - Synthetizer
KaOsphere
No thread about this synth yet ? Let's start one and discuss it if you don't mind !

I expect it to be a little sort' modular beast !

As a owner of UA every other product I'm just a bit worried about how Plugin Alliance business model is turning right now.
Funky40
timesafer:
https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/products/unfiltered_audio_lion.html
ignatius
beta testing this a while now and really digging it. it's full of surprises. all the parts of it are so nicely integrated. it's creative and inspiring to use. it sounds great.

it's fast to use as well. i got sucked into some really long sessions w/it making presets and it excels at cinematic atmospheres and lushness of all kinds. made some really subtle ambient things that are just sweet to listen to. i let them loop and drift off. it can also be quite fat and aggressive and outright rude. last night i made a really traditional sounding melodic synth patch with all kinds of runs all over. i'm curious to hear how other people are using it. it can do so much.

there's a kvr thread w/a lot of specifics about it on this page:

https://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=525585&start=210

it's different too.. unique really. the mixer section and several oscillator models make for a huge sonic palette.

i guess the demo is coming soon from plug in alliance but it's not scheduled to release until august or something?
ignatius
the demo is now available. but not availbale for purchase yet.

https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/products/unfiltered_audio_lion.html

it comes w/600 or so presets.. some made by me. heavy sound design cinematic stuff and also a bunch of more musically useful things.. regardless of preseets if you're into soft synths i highly recommend checking it out and spending some time w/it. it's quite capable and different than what's on offer these days. excellent stuff.
euxine
This synth is insanely good. I'd like a little more range on LFOs but the possibilities gem endless -- without drowning you in UI.

As much as I hate to say it, I could use this instead of modular for a long time without feeling bad about it.
ignatius
euxine wrote:
This synth is insanely good. I'd like a little more range on LFOs but the possibilities gem endless -- without drowning you in UI.

As much as I hate to say it, I could use this instead of modular for a long time without feeling bad about it.

i think they plan to go audiorate w/modulation in some version update.. they mentioned it in a post at kvr. that would be excellent. as it is.. it's really great and capable of so much great sound design.
thelizard
euxine wrote:

Much appreciated!

Yeah, after becoming a dad, I've been finding less time to spend in front of hardware and whatnot. The idea behind SpecOps, BYOME/Triad, and LION was just to create a set of tools to cover pretty much all non-mixing needs:
SpecOps: all frequency-domain effects
BYOME/Triad: all time-domain effects
LION: Synthesis

I'm glad that you also enjoy the UI. We wanted something without menus or separate views. There are a lot of other recent synths that overwhelm me with their options, either having a million controls, three separate views, and/or starting off completely empty with no modules in place. The general design goal was to create something that encouraged interactivity and exploration instead of the feeling of "I should purchase more presets to unlock this".

We're idly working on a sample manipulator, but that's a long ways out. We're more actively working on bug fixes along with some smaller effects.
thelizard
Also, fun LION tip:

-Load any ignatius preset.
-Hit randomize a bunch of times.
-????
-Profit!

This technique reminds me of opening Reaktor 5 factory ensembles and hitting randomize while interpolating between presets. There are a lot of unexpected landscapes in there.
OMN
With lots of signal grade fx configuration possibility, this is a really powerful synth processor. The virtual modular approach is a bonus.
Nelson Baboon
$199?

i own lots of unfiltered audio products. I won't spend $199 on this. won't even try. i hate the plugin alliance interface - i'm disinclined to even research further unless i can get this for much cheaper.

(curmudgeon)

Edit - not sure about my purchase. Seems like the price is very cheap if I upgrade to the unfiltered audio bundle. it's still confusing - it says 'subscription' but i see nothing about monthly payments. I did the install, and it says i have the trial version. but that's not what I thought I paid for. I'll see if it upgrades automatically. (one reason, I say somewhat sarcastically, that I prefer hardware overall to software, is that i don't have to go through these stupid install processes, which confuse my small brain)
ignatius
thelizard wrote:
Also, fun LION tip:

-Load any ignatius preset.
-Hit randomize a bunch of times.
-????
-Profit!

This technique reminds me of opening Reaktor 5 factory ensembles and hitting randomize while interpolating between presets. There are a lot of unexpected landscapes in there.

haha! i endorse this technique.

fyi all the presets i did are kinda specific to note lengths.. some want to be played for super long notes and others very staccato plucky runs... like feet running up stairs. ymmv of course.
euxine
Hey all!

*pitch start*

Thought I'd finally throw my hat in the ring - I've gotten to know LION really well in the last few weeks, and put together a soundset. Have a listen!

[s]http://soundcloud.com/ambientwks/spectral-no-1-ambient-textural[/s]

LION is really really fantastic for modulation, and hopefully these show how easy it is to get some really organic results without tons of effort.

If you dig it, you can find it here:

Spectral No. 1 - Ambient + Textural Soundset for LION

Also if you want, you can use the code AURORA25 for 25% off till the end of November. Hope you enjoy!

*pitch end*
ignatius
@euxine - nice work! really organic sounds.
euxine
@ignatius - coming from you that means a lot, thanks!
OMN
nice ambient collective, congrats !

yes, Lion's strength lies on its modulation and post processing power.
thelizard
euxine wrote:
Hey all!

*pitch start*

Thought I'd finally throw my hat in the ring - I've gotten to know LION really well in the last few weeks, and put together a soundset. Have a listen!

[s]http://soundcloud.com/ambientwks/spectral-no-1-ambient-textural[/s]

LION is really really fantastic for modulation, and hopefully these show how easy it is to get some really organic results without tons of effort.

If you dig it, you can find it here:

Spectral No. 1 - Ambient + Textural Soundset for LION

Also if you want, you can use the code AURORA25 for 25% off till the end of November. Hope you enjoy!

*pitch end*

euxine sent me a preview of this set last week, and I highly recommend it! It's a great companion to the overall more aggressive factory library.

We're working on getting this hotfix published: https://unfilteredaudio.com/pages/beta
We found a few more issues with the LP/HP/BP12 filter modes and oversampling, so we're getting those fixed while not changing the sound (hence the delay). After that, we plan on adding a switch to disable the output clipper.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Software  
Page 1 of 1