MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Ideas for small performance case
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules  
Author Ideas for small performance case
ba1
Hi,

I'm planing to put together a small system to gig with. It'll be based around an Oakley Synth Voice. I'll be using it with a Rob Hordijk - Blippoo Box, some moogerfoogers and a 4 channel mixer. I'll be building my own case with a cover. Power could run from the front or from side of the case.

I need to figure out a light weight, but sturdy (no wire nuts) power solution. The cheaper the better!

I need some mults (maybe not 4 of them) and I could use another LFO or 2, but otherwise I can't decide what to put in the right half of the CP row. It really sucks that the Moon and COTK CP modules aren't the same size!

I don't need midi.
I do need the envelope follower and logic.

I wish there was a 2hp CP power module or dual LFO.

Suggestions appreciated.

Thanks!

boothnavy
something like this?

JohnLRice
It's too bad Oakley doesn't make the Little-LFO PCBs any more, those are great for slipping into custom builds! thumbs up

Below is a quick sloppy mockup of a Little-LFO in CP size on the left. Krisp1 used to make a full sized panel with a Little-LFO on top and mults on the bottom https://www.modulargrid.net/d/oakley-lfo-mult but I'm pretty sure just the LFO part would fit perfectly in a 1 MU CP panel. w00t On the right is a mockup of a 1 MU CP panel for power entry I made a while ago for a project I never went ahead with.

Dave Peck
For a system this small, I wouldn't use up any panel space for multiples. I would just use a few "Y" cables.
burdij
How about something like this since I am doing LFOs this week:

ba1
burdij wrote:
How about something like this since I am doing LFOs this week:

Looks handy! Are you offer a full line of CP modules now or would that just be a one off?

If you're planning to make more, will they be the same height as the Moon CP modules?
ba1
boothnavy wrote:
something like this?

I don't know why, but I can't ever get these images to open...

I'm going to assume there are the AC power supply modules which look great!
burdij
ba1 wrote:

Looks handy! Are you offer a full line of CP modules now or would that just be a one off?

If you're planning to make more, will they be the same height as the Moon CP modules?

Some modules in current development can be packaged in the CP format. I am still accessing the demand which is influenced by the availability of cases that can accommodate this size. I would be making modules that are 143mm high which I believe is the same as the Moon panels.

By the way, I can't see the images in these posts either.
JohnLRice
ba1 wrote:
boothnavy wrote:
something like this?

I don't know why, but I can't ever get these images to open...

I'm going to assume there are the AC power supply modules which look great!
Tony posted a couple pictures of his small portable cases that have a utility strip at the bottom. It seems that images uploaded shortly before the site went down were lost for some reason? I reuploaded the two images I had posted.
ba1
burdij wrote:
ba1 wrote:

Some modules in current development can be packaged in the CP format. I am still accessing the demand which is influenced by the availability of cases that can accommodate this size. I would be making modules that are 143mm high which I believe is the same as the Moon panels.

By the way, I can't see the images in these posts either.

This is cool because I my next project is a slanted wood stand for my Hordijk case, that will have a selection of CP modules running along the bottom. As far as I know, yours is the only vca in CP format.
ba1
I change my mind like the wind!

The Grove cp VCA/LFO solves a lot for my original MU plan.

Going with MU would allow me to swap out modules from my larger system. Makes more sense in the long run and takes the pressure off deciding the perfect combo.

Of course I'd have to give up the custom color idea... waah
ba1
burdij

Still undecided, but what is the price for the cp LFO/VCA? I'd most likely want 2 of them.

What other modules are you considering for cp format?

Thanks!
burdij
The price of this module would be ~$175.00. There will probably be an introductory discount.

Other CP format modules might include a GMS272CP Parametric EQ, a (model # TBD) compressor, a CP panel version of the GMS715 VC Stereo Mixer, and a new multichannel MIDI/CV converter. The MU and EU format boards for that just went out but it uses a common processor board that could be adapted to the CP panel with a different connector board. Notice the preference toward utility and audio modules.

One crazy thought I had was putting a 100mm linear slide pot with a motor drive in a CP size panel that would have a USB interface so that it could serve as a controller for other devices i.e. like the 4 channel mixer. It would also have a voltage output.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules  
Page 1 of 1