MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

WARNING for serge seller on reverb.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Author WARNING for serge seller on reverb.
drwiener
sorry if this is the wrong category, but i wanted to let my fellow sergers know what's up and not get ripped like i did

I just want to post a HUGE WARNING here about this seller on reverb and the tech who serviced it. https://reverb.com/item/22916909-serge-sts-complete-system-rare-deal-o n-a-complete-system ---> I bought a vintage panel for a high price that was "expertly serviced" from the same seller that was also serviced by the same tech, and every pot was scratchy, and the panel didn't even function (the right output of the stereo mixer didn't work). when i spoke to the tech he mentioned he also "modded" the panel, and it wasn't listed as modded, but the mods provided no added function, and were done without any knowledge. (he turned the 3,5 inputs into outputs, and the master volume still effected each output volume of the individual outs ,while making a stereo mixer a mono mixer. please note i paid a high price for this panel because they said it was checked by a tech superstar, and it was working perfect . They don't offer any help except to spray the pots with cleaner " because " all old serges have scratchy pots. " Just a warning to my fellow sergers who might know anyone who would buy this, not to get ripped off as I did.

and for reference here is the panel i bought:
https://reverb.com/item/23152848-super-rare-1976-to-78-serge-vca-panel  ?show_sold=true&fbclid=IwAR3qVj5lE5D1TdevfMoBGYS1O8Qf5cJV95fVQFVZM-kY Kj9oWWIe_OgiXpA
musicaespressiva
good to know, sorry to hear your experience
sempervirent
Unfortunate circumstances but it looks like an interesting bit of history. Hope you can get it back to normal functioning without too much trouble.
tobb
The Tech is Dean Batute its the guy that did the Canadian 259 clones and also Reverse Engineered all the Serge schematics for Ken Stone 'secret site'

He did that custom Serge TKB,and his nick here is KyronMusic:

(He also have a KyronMusic repairshop website)

https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=3053365&highlight=#3 053365

I also PM'd him here asking for help to get somehow that TKB i pre-paid a deposit of $1500 (paid not to him but his friend) for (when he worked together with another guy) that i never received but my PM's where totally ignored and after my PM's he quickly faded out of the thread..so that says enough!
dksynth
tobb wrote:
The Tech is Dean Batute its the guy that did the Canadian 259 clones and also Reverse Engineered all the Serge schematics for Ken Stone 'secret site'

He did that custom Serge TKB,and his nick here is KyronMusic:

(He also have a KyronMusic repairshop website)

https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=3053365&highlight=#3 053365

I also PM'd him here asking for help to get somehow that TKB i pre-paid a deposit of $1500 (paid not to him but his friend) for (when he worked together with another guy) that i never received but my PM's where totally ignored and after my PM's he quickly faded out of the thread..so that says enough!

Not good. Was this deposit back when they were being made or recently? Story is that that friend split with the money or something along those lines.... back when the 259 was happening
analoglsd
drwiener wrote:
i wanted to let my fellow sergers know what's up and not get ripped like i did

Don't forget to let the community of Reverb buyers know as well by leaving feedback for the transaction there.
tobb
dksynth wrote:

Not good. Was this deposit back when they were being made or recently? Story is that that friend split with the money or something along those lines.... back when the 259 was happening

Before they where ready,at that time there was no split.
jimfowler
Dunno man, before I shell out that kinda cash I'll fly my ass to wherever that thing is and play it IN PERSON.
syncretism
I was sorely tempted by that mixer panel. I’m sorry it didn’t work out.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Page 1 of 1