MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Es40 and cv8 with ableton cv tools
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Expert Sleepers  
Author Es40 and cv8 with ableton cv tools
Bonobo
As I understand it silent way software does something clever to use spdif outputs, is there a way to use es4/40 with ableton cv tools or use silent way as a go between to make them work together?
os
Yes, you can pass the CV Tools outputs into Silent Way, which will encode the signals for the ES-40.
fudog
Can we have a tutorial on how to do that. I was trying it last night and didn't seem to get anything useful. I did get flashing lights :-D

I also had a go at hacking CV tools with your max externals. I think it will be possible, but its a little tricky.
Bonobo
fudog wrote:
Can we have a tutorial on how to do that. I was trying it last night and didn't seem to get anything useful. I did get flashing lights :-D

I also had a go at hacking CV tools with your max externals. I think it will be possible, but its a little tricky.

I'll second that request!
Kinan
After some trial and error i ended up with this routing for the 8cv & 8gt modules.

I use 8 audio tracks, each with a utility module, to convert in mono and pan the signal from the cv tools module. Then it's sent to the 8cv combiner ( for the ESx 8CV ) and the Es 4 controller (for the ESX 8GT ).

It seems to work well.

I hope that helps
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Expert Sleepers  
Page 1 of 1