MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Hung gates with FH-1 / Teenage Engineering OP-Z
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Expert Sleepers  
Author Hung gates with FH-1 / Teenage Engineering OP-Z
natrixgli
Hello,

I'm trying to use my Teenage Engineering OP-Z with my FH-1 and it's proven a bit difficult. If the patterns I'm sending are simple and not too many channels, it works great.

However once I get 2-3 channels and/or more complex pattern(s) going I start dropping notes (i.e. the gate output of one or more channels hangs open on FH-1).

It seems to be random, so I grabbed the MIDI output using MIDI Monitor and analyzed a few cycles to see if the order of the note ons/offs from the OP-Z was changing or anything like that and it seems pretty consistent. I have not tracked down any rhyme or reason about it.

It also doesn't matter if my outputs on FH-1 are gates or triggers. I have been using the FH-1 with my Deluge with zero issues, so I'm pretty confident it's not broken. Firmware is latest.

I'm curious if anyone has overcome this issue OR if anyone can say with any certainty that this issue does NOT exist on the FH-2 as I'd consider upgrading.

Let me know.

Cheers!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Expert Sleepers  
Page 1 of 1