MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Boss RV3
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX  
Author Boss RV3
julien
Hi,
Any user of this pedal Boss RV3?
Feel free to post your review.

A+
digitalganesha
The absolute WORST reverb pedal I have ever played with. Metallic and shitty.

You would be much better off with a Verbzilla or Holy Grail.

OR if you want killer reverb; Earthquaker Devices Ghost Echo, Strymon Blue Sky Reverberator, EH Cathedral, etc.
digitalganesha
Apparently I don't know how to use the BOLD function either.
Klopfgeist
I have the RV-5. It sucks, but I got it for free. Actually it does have a cool modulation mode and with the stereo i/o you can patch it for feedback.
julien
Hi,

I speak about the Boss RV3 Reverb+delay not the RV5!
Many peoples told me that' the RV3 is quite a decent pedal seriously, i just don't get it
digitalganesha
And again.... I found it metallic and harsh.
The Hardwire reverb pedal is Lexicon based, and it's what I use live.

I am really particular about good reverb.
dkcg
digitalganesha wrote:
And again.... I found it metallic and harsh.
The Hardwire reverb pedal is Lexicon based, and it's what I use live.

I am really particular about good reverb.

I use the same pedal, bought it originally since I didn't wanna take the eventide out of the studio. For a pedal, it's got a pretty decent sound, I use it in my mixer's effects loop. Not as nice as a good rack unit, but I'm happy with it for general use.
Klopfgeist
Can the Hardwire reverb be set to 100% wet? I hate how most guitar pedals can only go to 50/50.

Digitech and Lexicon are owned by the same company, which explains why it uses he Lexicon algorhytyms.
dkcg
Klopfgeist wrote:
Can the Hardwire reverb be set to 100% wet? I hate how most guitar pedals can only go to 50/50.

Digitech and Lexicon are owned by the same company, which explains why it uses he Lexicon algorhytyms.

Yup, there's a levels knob that seems to do this. I generally leave it fully wet and use the sends on my mixer.
digitalganesha
I never knew Digitech owned Lexicon! Guinness ftw!

That pedal sounds really nice.
berfmurret
i quite like my rv3! metallic and harsh is one way of saying it.. can be metallic and shimmery too!! grin

also the ability to dial out the dry signal completely helps this pedal WIN!
julien
I've just received my RV3 for cheap (40€)!!
I'm totally in love with this grey block Rockin' Banana! (little bit metallic for sure but with a great delay)
digitalganesha
This is how the pedal lust starts, just to warn you.

You buy a Boss, you are happy with it, then you start getting curious about boutique pedals, the next thing you know... you own a pedal board that costs more than your modular. d'oh! love cry twisted
dkcg
digitalganesha wrote:
This is how the pedal lust starts, just to warn you.

You buy a Boss, you are happy with it, then you start getting curious about boutique pedals, the next thing you know... you own a pedal board that costs more than your modular. d'oh! love cry twisted

If I had never learned to play guitar, I think I'd be better off financially...

I cam back full circle, started with moogerfoogers, went modular, now have pedals to process the modular.

hihi lol applause d'oh! zombie
digitalganesha
I don't play guitar at all.

I run some fuzzes and delays on the Moogs, modular and other mono's.

The huge pedal board with all the insane stuff... that's for the Electro 3! applause
Pockets McCoy
Just to chime in on the subject, huge recommendation for the Hardwire Reverb. Everything sounds glorious, but I'm especially fond of the reverse setting. Then again, HUGE shoegaze junkie/half of what I do with a guitar.

And the reverse certainly isn't the only reason I like it, everything sounds fantastic, I just figured I'd mention reverse because it's something I NEVER see in reverb pedals, it's something I've always wanted from a reverb pedal, and it's why this one called out to me.
julien
Hi i just sold a BST EA45 spring reverb and i don't regret it! much prefer my RV3 ( huge delay!)
theabsent
I love both my RV-3s. Not my only reverbs or delays though.
indexofmetals
I use a mix of rv-3, verbzilla & chicklett. the rv-3 sounds really good after the fulltone tube tape echo. verbzilla isn't bad but at times sounds really empty and lifeless. can't say that about the chicklett, it's straight into the bbc radiophonic workshop
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX  
Page 1 of 1