MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

FH-2 wishlist. Octatrack crossfade usage?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Expert Sleepers  
Author FH-2 wishlist. Octatrack crossfade usage?
Shor
So this is definitely a bit of a crazy wish, but as I got an Octatrack that i use as my master now, I started thinking about what I could do with the crossfader and FH-2.
As the crossfader is not affecting midi on the OT, it'll effectively just act as any midi cc as far as the FH-2 (or any other connected midi gear) is concerned.

However, wouldn't it be kind of cool to be able to have some kind of crossfader functionality on the FH-2? I am imagining something like being able to macro control several outs at once.
For example, this 'simple' example.
Outputs are all using the direct value, that's set to different values corresponding to a preset.
"Crossfade" over to the right, and it fades into direct values stored in a different preset?

I know this is kind of a crazy wish, but a cool one none the less to me.

Anyway, I am also interested in other ideas for how to use crossfades with the current fw if anyone has any fun ideas for it.

As of right now, there's no way to set up a macro control of any sort is there?
If nothing else, it'd be cool to have a parameter to scale the direct output alongside the actual direct output parameter.
Shor
Any interest from anyone else? Or am I just dreaming away? grin
Funky40
This is a BIG wish, and i share it ! yes !
i had that same thought in fact myself and thought it would be to big of a feature request.

but the other day i envisioned how it "could" be implemented. Could be held quite simple me thinks.

need to pick up again on that thought, and post that request when i see my picture of how to do it again.
To share more than just as wish, but a clear thought wink
Shor
Hah yeah I was thinking it was better to at least out my thoughts than just think 'it is too much'.
I was also thinking it might spawn some discussion on ideas about this kind of thing.
Funky40
Shor wrote:

I was also thinking it might spawn some discussion on ideas about this kind of thing.

seems not !? seriously, i just don't get it

i´ll come back when i can focus on this.
this idea has definitly a HUGE potential, IMHO.
and finally is os interested to sell FH-2s plus expanders, not ?
....and he is a programming wizard ! wink
Shor
seriously, i just don't get it
os
Your suggestion has been noted.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Expert Sleepers  
Page 1 of 1