MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Pro~One thread
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear  
Author Pro~One thread
zerosum
Im in love 8)
So this is what its like to have a really nice creamy grindy thick synth smile
I look at the add on my wall that sais "the Evolvers can do any sound that the old prophets can and a whole lot more"

Im sure they can but man the pro~one is really inspiring to work with and the simplest things make the most pleasing sounds.
I get around faster on this than i do the evolver, however the evolver is a maze in a tiny maze of an interface.
I really didnt think that i would like it as much as i do :shock:
But I really love this thing, Im going to be using this probly more than any synth in the studio right now, besides the modular which will be getting used right beside it and inside it and all around it lol

So this is what its like when people talk about a "classic synth"
I havent experienced a synth like this before, this is fun.

After I spend some more time with it I'll have more to add,
till then blow your speakers out with these:
1 osc
2 oscs
tri square sub under square
Plucky
Snappy
R2D2
Space invaders
Chuck E. Jesus
glad you are having fun...haven't had a chance to locate the other pot, but i think the info is online somewhere, i have a link to schems, should have the value...then you will be able to use the osc b and lfo for mod at the same time (for 2 lfos for example), or filt env, whatever...

ok, here's all the schems and whatnot:
http://machines.hyperreal.org/manufacturers/Sequential/Pro-One/

looks like all the pots are 100k linear, i think you can handle that smile ...and looks like i'll be able to add VC to most pots (with the doepfer universal vactrol)...as far as accessing the keyboard in, it looks pretty confusing, the keyboard matrix feeds the microprocessor and it's well above my head! i didn't examine the whole schem, but think the gate and cv run straight to the env and oscs...there would have to be a way to read cv and route to the proper ins on the microprocessor, and you'd be limited to the keyboard values anyway... i may at some point try to put a switch that would route the keys out of my keyed P1 to the no-key, but let's be honest here:fat chance...one thing i definately want to add is VC to the glide on my keyed P1, that way i can use the arp/seq and send glide info from my doepfer for some slippery stuff, i'm sure you can do all that stuff from your mobius...

i'm curious how you compare the sound of the pulse to the P1....
thermionicjunky
I love the Pro-One. It is the instrument that turned me on to analog synthesis. I was working on a composition in my college recording studio and I found one forgotten in a storage room. The keyboard didn't work anymore , but it didn't matter. I'll dig up that recording and post it here ... along with the Metasonix music.
consumed
i still have my pro-one. its got a couple broken keys and needs an entire key cushion replacement. although its my favorite analog monosynth ive owned, its been collecting dust lately.

when i first got into modular, my first goal was to see if i could get the same fat tone as my pro-one, but my tests failed. i did not pursue it further, although i think i could do it now (back then, i had only dotcom modules).
Chuck E. Jesus
lerp wrote:
i still have my pro-one. its got a couple broken keys and needs an entire key cushion replacement. although its my favorite analog monosynth ive owned, its been collecting dust lately.

when i first got into modular, my first goal was to see if i could get the same fat tone as my pro-one, but my tests failed. i did not pursue it further, although i think i could do it now (back then, i had only dotcom modules).

do you have the membrane keyboard? mine has the j wire, and i was able to clean it up pretty good...the connector to the circuit board needed to be cleaned as well, did the trick...the plastic keys themselves are available from Wine Country, i have to replace one myself (when i get around to it)....

i have a doepfer setup, and i think they compliment each other nicely, function and sound wise ... it's nice to not have to patch everything, and it's nice to patch everything smile
Chuck E. Jesus
keys:

no keys (needs to be cleaned up inside and out):
zerosum
Quote:
i'm curious how you compare the sound of the pulse to the P1....

well the pulse can do some really sick cross modulation that the P1 cant do.
The pulse has a bigger modulation matrix more arp options, can clank really nicely. 3oscs vs 2, so you can have 2 oscs ontop of a sub osc....
Basically the pulse has a lot more options, but they arent as easily accessable as the the Pro ones so it takes more work to get into what its capable of....
As far as sounds, Im not sure how to explain it...
The P1 seems to get incredible sounds with very little work, where the pulse is a little different.
I think it will make a nice compliment side by side to the P1,
I'll pick up another pulse later, but this time Im getting the plus model.
I really like the pulse too.

You can really make the pulse shine when you fire up the soft editor and program a bunch of templates.

The pulse has a huge fat bottom end, but differently than the P1,
You'll see what im talking about in a few days.

Quote:
The keyboard didn't work anymore , but it didn't matter

Yeah who cares about the keys lol Mine gets controlled from the mobius or the Z1.
Quote:
I'll dig up that recording and post it here

Cool 8)

Quote:
when i first got into modular, my first goal was to see if i could get the same fat tone as my pro-one, but my tests failed.

wow :shock:
It definitly has a very distinct voice, breath's and spits and spurts and growls and shouts "IM AAAAAALIVE!!!!!!!!!!"
Im sure that there are other things that can do what I love about it,
but for now nothing has given me this experience....But I've never played a moog either...
consumed
my pro-one is a membrane type. its never given me any problems.
i would have selected for the jwire type but i picked it up off of a friend.
350 bones got me the pro-one AND a kenton pro-solo.
its the least he could do for my hooking him up with a $75 sh-101 =)
Chuck E. Jesus
lerp wrote:
my pro-one is a membrane type. its never given me any problems.
i would have selected for the jwire type but i picked it up off of a friend.
350 bones got me the pro-one AND a kenton pro-solo.
its the least he could do for my hooking him up with a $75 sh-101 =)

that's a good deal, people are asking like 800 and up for them! honestly, i was very happy to trade with zerosum, i got something cool in return, and i know she got a good home...i paid 500 for one brand new in 1981, 80 bucks for the second, chopped the keys off and ran them with a Roland MPU 101 midi>cv box (great unit), and the keyed version was given to me by a friend who was moving, knew i was into that shit..that one had the same erratic key triggering problem as the other ones (works great when you unplug 'em), but all it need was to have all the contacts cleaned...i suppose i fucked up, but i was so gosh darned punk rock back then i didn't give a shit...and now everybody's happy grin grin grin
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear  
Page 1 of 1