MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Groovy Eurorack expansion for Matriarch
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author Groovy Eurorack expansion for Matriarch
Divinital
Looking to build a Eurorack for the upcoming Matriarch. I will probably snag a Mother 32/DFAM just for fun but I don't want the separate case to be oscillator/voice focused. I want to build the ultimate and fun utility setup for the Matriarch. Tons of modulation, utility and nice Eurorack effects.

Is there a list of patch points out yet for the Matriarch?

And if not, for now, what are some sure fire modules that would enhance the Matriarch experience?
BlinkyLights
Skip the M32. Rather unnecessary and redundant when paired with a Matriarch, IMO.

Yes, the patxh points for the Matriarch are known. Haven't you seen the photos, demos, and product page? I don't have them committed to memory. But it's all out there.

No matter, here is the advice I was given that's applicable here:

Modulation, Modulation, Modulation.

Some popular choices that almost any rig would benefit from:

Maths
Octocontroller
CV Trinity
Disting mk4
Ornament & Crime
PEG
Muxlicer
Ultra Random Analog

and 100 others.
Divinital
BlinkyLights wrote:
Skip the M32. Rather unnecessary and redundant when paired with a Matriarch, IMO.

Yes, the patxh points for the Matriarch are known. Haven't you seen the photos, demos, and product page? I don't have them committed to memory. But it's all out there.

No matter, here is the advice I was given that's applicable here:

Modulation, Modulation, Modulation.

Some popular choices that almost any rig would benefit from:

Maths
Octocontroller
CV Trinity
Disting mk4
Ornament & Crime
PEG
Muxlicer
Ultra Random Analog

and 100 others.

Some of them are quite hard to read/infer as a modular novice. Did you have some ultra-res HD picture in mind that would allow me to easily read all of the labels?

Edit : The 1500x1500 picture on Guitar Center is basically readable when super zoomed.
BlinkyLights
Yeah, that's basically what everyone else has done. Tedious, no doubt.
Aelitafrommars
Some ideas:

Interesting interfaces that less you express yourself differently on the synth. Here's some examples. have a pick.
-doepfer ribbon controller.
-some expert sleepers interface to your DAW
-intellijel tetrapad. doubles as a touch controller, settings memory, LFO source, and more.
-maybe some nice sequencer. intellijel metropolis, make noise rené. metropolis is a great riff/rythm-maker.
-intellijel planar 2. really great joystick with gesture recording. doubles as a mixer but can do much, much more.
-Touché. A controller with supposedly nice feel and directness to expressing emotion. haven't tried it myself.
-Pressure points from make noise.

Have a look and take a pick!

The basic stuff that opens up any modular/semi-modular.
-Attenuverters, mixers and VCA:s. lots of them.

Some things in regards to polyphony/paraphony.
-4 LPG:s for a true, basic, nice sounding polyphony. for example 2 optomixes or 2 natural gate.

Other things i'd maybe think of
- I love mutable instruments' branches to death. Mostly, i use it to cause semi-random but controllable variations to any patch. For example if i'm hitting keys harder, i might want a stronger precense of semi-random variety, to sort of simulate artifacts when playing a more physical instrument.

-2 spring reverbs. Just one spring reverb can breathe new life. 2 is better. use in stereo or one in a feedback loop and the other on the output. I'd personally go for music thing modular springs, but doepfer a-199 and intellijel springray are worth a good look too. I'm a bit crazy and got three spring tanks set up. 2 clean, big panned slightly l/r, and one smaller, more resonant in the middle. mix them subtly for luxury.

-maybe get 2 or 4 S&H or T&H channels from doepfer or 2hp. it's cheap and will give you that gritty daft punk squeal if you use them as sample rate reducers in combo with the resonant filters. Nice for plumbing in any case.

-some sort of formant or wovel filter.
Aelitafrommars
Edit: goddamnit i quoted instead of edited.
Neo
Aelitafrommars wrote:

Some things in regards to polyphony/paraphony.
-4 LPG:s for a true, basic, nice sounding polyphony. for example 2 optomixes or 2 natural gate.

Good idea.

I guess you'd also need a 4 voice midi to cv module to get the 4 note gate signals out of the Matriarch, unless using an external keyboard. And would probably want a quad envelope generator, something like Quadrax
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 1