MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

1979 Stereo Microsound Processor vs Star Trek Cassette
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Author 1979 Stereo Microsound Processor vs Star Trek Cassette
@green
This is the raw sound of a Star Trek TV Series Sound Effects cassette tape being fed into the 1979 Stereo Microsound Processor. This allows us to manipulate these cosmic tape sounds at a granular level. The SMP is based on Mutable Instruments’ Clouds Eurorack module. According to Émilie Gillet who designed Clouds, this module is focused on the realtime granularization of incoming audio signals, and their transformation into amorphous textures. This patch simply involves running the cassette tape into the input of the module while I manually automate some of the parameters such as Position, Pitch, Density, Grain Size, Shape, and Feedback. The recording buffer resolution is set to the 8 bit mono position. At times I would hit the Freeze button that captures the current audio buffer and allows for manipulating the buffer rather than the continuously changing input signal.

Dcramer
Sweet love that’s such a nice build.
Pailo
I totally want this thing and have no space!
@green
Pailo wrote:
I totally want this thing and have no space!

Yeah, I had to sell to make room. I have some stuff out for repair so there is the illusion of space in my case...
deltaphoenix
That is awesome. I was going to try and resist these 1979 modules but I am know I would love the Clouds and Rings. Dual Braids...I will have to think about.

There really is a bunch of new life in this format. I have been staying only with modules that have preset recall (Buchla and Keen Association) but I am going to have look at adding some of these other modules selectively or in a specific case.
@green
deltaphoenix wrote:
That is awesome. I was going to try and resist these 1979 modules but I am know I would love the Clouds and Rings. Dual Braids...I will have to think about.

There really is a bunch of new life in this format. I have been staying only with modules that have preset recall (Buchla and Keen Association) but I am going to have look at adding some of these other modules selectively or in a specific case.

Yes, I will say that all three are a perfect complement to my Easel. I have never gotten used to being able to save/recall. DR (Rings) is especially magical and is really fun to control using the same CV tools I have grown to love on the easel.

DAO is a blast feeding the MO in Balanced Modulation mode.
gaslampmusehog
Don’t forget studioH, I believe they are also preset manager compatible.
deltaphoenix
Yup, I forgot mention Studio H but have the DPO. I want the matrix mixer too.
gaslampmusehog
As do I!
MindMachine
The band Ed Hall used these sounds on some of their otherworldly, abduction tunes from Motherscratcher 1993. Heavy, heavy, heavy shit. Power trio. Lead, molten, heavy. No speedball required.
@green
MindMachine wrote:
The band Ed Hall used these sounds on some of their otherworldly, abduction tunes from Motherscratcher 1993. Heavy, heavy, heavy shit. Power trio. Lead, molten, heavy. No speedball required.

Right on, I will check it out. thanks for the recommendation.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Page 1 of 1