MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

pulser problem
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Author pulser problem
granville
As of today the pulser on my BEMI 208 has gone weird. When in self cycle mode the tempo creeps up and down, seems to be fairly randomly (no noticeable ramps up or down). The top speed also seems to be a little lower than it should be.

This is a brand new problem, last time I used it everything was working fine. I'm using the easel in the same spot, same power etc etc..

Any ideas what might have happened, and any thoughts on how I could fix it?

hmmm.....
slam
Are you letting it warm up first?
granville
slam wrote:
Are you letting it warm up first?

Yep. Had it on for at least an hour and wasn’t getting any more stable.
lumin
Forgive the basic question. Do you have anything patched up or is it happening with no cables or shorting bars connected?
granville
lumin wrote:
Forgive the basic question. Do you have anything patched up or is it happening with no cables or shorting bars connected?

Yes, no patch leads or bars plugged in (except the pulse, pressure & main cables). It's worked fine for years, this is a brand new problem. WHYYYYY!??
lumin
Can you open your easel up and check components on card 4? I believe thats the pulser card. Anything looking burned out?
bcomnes
I'm beginning to think BEMI stuffed their early offerings with junk components

First my MO failed because 3 components on a card were toast, then the 4016 for the left most random out went South and the latest trick is being patient for the EG to start self mode and to continue.. seriously, i just don't get it twisted That problem is intermittent enough to defy problem source determination..sigh

I'm fortunate to to live down the road from Dave Brown a Buchla wizard who has bailed me out twice now, but I think we should start a canonical list of BEMI fails and see if there is a pattern.
ArguZ
That is a common problem of the 4016 and also happens on clones regularly.
4016 should be replaced with 4066s to prevent that.
In my case i fried it with negative voltage if i remember correctly.
Also a broken LED can do this.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Page 1 of 1