MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

morphagene expander !?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author morphagene expander !?
jjr
....would be so awesome IMHO!
here is my wishlist:

1. 2 - 4hp
2. push buttons (alright simmer down it can be a push and hold for one second) for delete all splices, enter/exit reel mode, delete splice, clear reel, record into new splice). with some nice labels that say what the buttons do.

Hug
stevo746
This could be a cool idea but I think it would have to add more functionality for it to be interesting. Maybe a screen that displayed reel/splice information more accurately than the colored window or allowed you to change the options only accessible via the .txt file at the moment.
Phitar
stevo746 wrote:
Maybe a screen that displayed reel/splice information more accurately than the colored window or allowed you to change the options only accessible via the .txt file at the moment.

Yes this! On both counts!

I wouldn't mind at all a small readout to show what reel was loaded. Maybe with a scrolling text of user note as to what the sample source is and stats.
mritenburg
Does the Morphagene have an expansion header like some of the other MN modules?
Funky40
Rant:
put please a question mark into the header and make it a fair deal.
As is is it cheap clickbait to make everybody jump in here.
you might have time for nothing ? others don´t !
thanks ......./rant
mritenburg
I checked for myself. The Morphagene does not have an expansion header like the RxMx or DPO.

mother misty
I don't see much use for an expander.
Even if you put a display in it, i'm not sure what you would display?
You can't name your reels or splices, so all it could display is mga, mgb, mgc, or splice 1, splice 2, splice 3 etc... i don't see much use for that, who even knowns by what reel 'mgf' is on their morgphagene for example? hihi
Something to change options on the SD card on the fly would be kind of cool but i don't mind that much pluging it in a computer to make adjustments.
Jumbuktu
I like the idea, if only to eliminate the need to remember (and check my memory of!) the key combinations.
cptnal
Given the chances that ever seeing such a thing are minimal at best, how about a 4hp blank with a cheat sheet of button combos pasted on? hmmm.....
Phitar
cptnal wrote:
Given the chances that ever seeing such a thing are minimal at best, how about a 4hp blank with a cheat sheet of button combos pasted on? hmmm.....

hihi lol! hihi
jjr
OR a possible alternative update where the function is added or able to be swapped in on one of the buttons combos? You could create so many weird and deterministic events if able to gate "delete all splices" I feel it would make the add splices gate input much more playable / useful IMHO.
ambulance spinning Ghost eyes... Ghost spinning ambulance
Severed head
Funky40 wrote:
:you might have time for nothing ? others don´t !
thanks ......./rant

Not to be a dick but damn bro
Really ?
BogartDestructo
How about an expander with a bank of SD card slots, each with a ‘load’ button. Might as well throw cv control over that too! You could have a bunch of different cards with different .txt file options and reels (even some duplicated reels so you can switch .txt file options on the fly but your reel doesn’t change). You could go DEEP!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 1