MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

FH-2 envelope ADSR values MIDI CC control?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Expert Sleepers  
Author FH-2 envelope ADSR values MIDI CC control?
progendev
First off - I'm a huge fan of your modules and have more of your products in my racks than any other single manufacturer. This includes a variety of ES-* modules, three Disting, two FH-2's, an FH-1, and so far five FHX-* expanders. Now, with the obligatory brown-nosing out of the way...

I've been digging through the FH-2 manual and can't seem to figure this out.
Is it possible to configure a MIDI/CV voice's envelope settings such that the ADR timings and S level can be directly controlled via separate MIDI CC's? If so, which menu would I find this in?

If not, I would like to formally request such an option. Onboard envelopes would be a huge space-saving feature, but they are only useful (for me, at least) if i have a direct way to manipulate the envelope timings on the fly. The FH-2 menu is too deep to "play" any of the settings directly from its own interface. But I've got multiple compact MIDI knob boxes that would be perfect for dedicated ADSR controls.

- Ryan
@chronomodulator
Shor
If you check the box for Show Portamento/Transpose/Envelopes you will get some options to define midi cc for ADSR.
progendev
Oh interesting, in the external config tool, eh? I had problems with the Chrome tool not connecting properly in the past so I switched to configuring the unit exclusively via the onboard menus. I didn't realize there were settings that were available in that tool that weren't available on the unit itself... Thats a little disappointing but I guess its a good thing the options already exist regardless...

And to be clear, these settings allow one to define 4 individual MIDI CCs for a specific voice's A, D, S, & R values? Maybe even a 5th for the overall envelope amount?

Anyway, I'll check it out. Thanks for the info!
Shor
Oh wow you set it up on the device? That seems like hard work.
Did you download the html-file of the tool when you ran it? (I think Os also got separate downloads now as well for win/mac).

But yeah you can define 4 individual midi cc's for this, and even more. Check the tool and you'll see.
manglepup
progendev wrote:
Oh interesting, in the external config tool, eh? I had problems with the Chrome tool not connecting properly in the past so I switched to configuring the unit exclusively via the onboard menus. I didn't realize there were settings that were available in that tool that weren't available on the unit itself... Thats a little disappointing but I guess its a good thing the options already exist regardless...

And to be clear, these settings allow one to define 4 individual MIDI CCs for a specific voice's A, D, S, & R values? Maybe even a 5th for the overall envelope amount?

Anyway, I'll check it out. Thanks for the info!

I had the same problem with the tool when it was the web-based one. Since switching to the stand-alone tool I've not had the same issues on the same PC (surface pro 4).
os
Quote:
I didn't realize there were settings that were available in that tool that weren't available on the unit itself... Thats a little disappointing but I guess its a good thing the options already exist regardless...

Everything's available in both places. Much easier in the config tool though.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Expert Sleepers  
Page 1 of 1