MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

O'Tool Plus is back in stock at dealers worldwide
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author O'Tool Plus is back in stock at dealers worldwide
daverj
If you've been waiting to get your hands on an O'Tool Plus (oscilloscope, tuner, spectrum analyzer, voltmeter, etc...), your wait is over.

I had some medical issues last year (all fine now) that caused a delay in getting the latest run of O'Tool Plus modules out.

In the past couple of weeks we have sent modules out to dealers around the world. The following dealers should all currently have them in stock. If your favorite dealer isn't on the list, please have them contact us. We have more available.

Analogue Haven (Santa Monica)
Boutique Pedal / BPNYC (San Diego)
Control (Brooklyn)
Control Voltage (Portland)
Detroit Modular (Detroit)
Found Sound (Australia)
Mattech Modular (UK)
Music Store (Germany)
Perfect Circuit Audio (Burbank)
Schneiders Laden (Germany)
Signal Sounds (Scotland)

Thanks for your patience,

...Dave Jones
MARK27
I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say how happy I am that you are feeling better!

I love my O'Tool+ and have for years. Is there any chance you will ever offer black replacement panels for the O'Tool+? More and more people are opting for black panels when they are available. Food for thought...

Thank you for all your work!

Mark
gentle_attack
MARK27 wrote:
Is there any chance you will ever offer black replacement panels for the O'Tool+? More and more people are opting for black panels when they are available. Food for thought...

There is also someone on here named @retoid who has a BKM panel site. He'd surely create one if there was interest, which I agree I think there would be, for this awesome awesome module (I'd love a black one). He seems pretty adept at getting dimensions from a module but if the 'official' specs were sent over he could probably do it quicker. This is all assuming they didn't want to do an 'official' black panel.

Good news OP is back in the clear. Cheers
DSC
daverj wrote:
(all fine now)

Fantastic news, all around!!!!!!!!!!!
thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up
sduck
Glad you're OK! Love my O'Tool +!
daverj
Thanks for the kind words.

I've thought about black panels, but at this point don't have any plans to do them. If there was enough interest I guess I could be talked into it.

Also, it's pretty tricky to replace the panel on these. I mean, I have no problem doing it, but it's not so easy as a user replacement thing.

Unlike most modules, you can't approach it from the front and just take out the screws and nuts and pop on a new one. There is a complex sandwich of of things behind the panel that would fall apart if you try to take it apart from the front. It's a much more complex process of disassembling it starting at the back. And then there's the added process of cleaning out the dust that gets in there while doing it...
MARK27
daverj wrote:
I've thought about black panels, but at this point don't have any plans to do them. If there was enough interest I guess I could be talked into it.

I have dreamt of a black paneled O'Tool+ for years.

Were you to be "talked into it," I would be prepared to sell my old one and buy a new one just to get a black panel version. I know a number of others that feel the same way.

The industry is certainly moving toward offering black panel versions, or replacement panels. There are really only a couple absolute hold outs anymore (not naming names), especially since WMD has done a 180 and seems to be doing only black panels now.

gentle_attack wrote:
There is also someone on here named @retoid who has a BKM panel site. He'd surely create one if there was interest, which I agree I think there would be, for this awesome awesome module (I'd love a black one).

I have purchased a number of panels from retoid. He does great work. I suggested the O'Tool+ really early on, but I have a feeling that the three or four requests he has received for the O'Tool+ just don't compare to the 20 or 30 (50?) requests that he gets for MI Marbles or Mannequins Mangrove.

I also think it is a hard sell now that the Mordax DATA is available with a black panel for $100 more than the O'Tool+.

Nevertheless, a boy can dream...

hihi
monads
I love the O'tool+! As much I'd like a black panel version there'd be no chance I'd sell mine just for the black panel version as a result of the challenging assembly process hinted at.

All said, glad you're back up and running Dave!!!!
roglok
Happy to hear you are well, Dave - we missed you!
Navs
Great to have you back, Dave!
Paranormal Patroler
Welcome back. Glad to hear you're ok!
deke
Hello. I'm a relative noob and my O'Toole has been so helpful, if not essential, in learning more about modular, patching, modulation and synthesis in general. It is 8hp I will never ever give up. Sliver, black, purple... doesn't matter to me. Glad your health is good and thanks.
cptnal
Just got mine from the last listed vendor (thanks, Aleks!). Fun, pretty and useful too - not many modules can do all three.

And health problems suck fat donkey balls, so good to hear you're doing well. thumbs up
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 1