MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

TIP - How to setup a “clock sync’d LFO” on the FH-1
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Expert Sleepers  
Author TIP - How to setup a “clock sync’d LFO” on the FH-1
auxinelectro
Update to add full info regarding the sequencer start/stop activating the LFO

I have written this "guide for dummies" aka me and anyone else on setting up a clock sync'd LFO using the squarp pyramid connected directly to the FH-1 I have posted this on the squarp pyramid forum as well.. just thought it might help anyone trying to do it.. with more basic instructions...

I know Andrew has explained but this would have helped me..

Goal is to assign port 8 on the Expert Sleepers FH-1 to a "clock sync'd" LFO -> the purpose of this is to provide an "in rack" clock that is linked precisely to the BPM of the Squarp Pyramid. This could be use to take sync for eurorack sequencers/LFO's etc so that your Pyramid can be the master..

I wanted to use the same FH-1 rather that the Gate out on the pyramid in fear that the more direct gate out of the pyramid would differ in timing from the FH-1 USB midi based conversion to cv/gate.

In the pyramid
2nd Settings "MISC SETTINGS" -> USB "ON"
2nd Settings "MIDI OUT SETTINGS" - USB SYNC "SEND"
2nd Settings "MIDI OUT SETTINGS" - USB START/STOP "SEND"
2nd Settings "MIDI OUT SETTINGS" - SYNC STOP "OFF"

To set output port 8 to a LFO at 24PPQN clock;
Assign Encoder 1 to CC07 on MIDI Channel 1 and turn the encoder to "0"
Assign Encoder 2 to CC103 on MIDI Channel 5 and turn the encoder to "127" this will make the LFO a SQUARE WAVE
Assign Encoder 3 to CC88 on MIDI Channel 13 and turn the encoder to "1" this will set the midi clock divisor to 1.
Assign Encoder 4 to CC71 on MIDI Channel 3 at set to "64" this will set the clocked speed to 24PPQN
Assign Encoder 5 to CC90 on MIDI Channel 13 change value to “1” this will stop the clock sync'd LFO when the sequencer is not running

Then press stop on the pyramid and then play to start the lfo.. (once you change the PPQN on the FH-1 you will need to restart the pyramid sequencer)

I hope this helps somone in the future... you can assign to another port e.g. if you had an expander you can set to port 8 on the expander by using the following;

To set output port 8 on the EXPANDER to a LFO at 24PPQN clock;
Assign Encoder 1 to CC15 on MIDI Channel 1 and turn the encoder to "0"
Assign Encoder 2 to CC111 on MIDI Channel 5 and turn the encoder to "127" this will make the LFO a SQUARE WAVE
Assign Encoder 3 to CC88 on MIDI Channel 13 and turn the encoder to "1" this will set the midi clock divisor to 1.
Assign Encoder 4 to CC79 on MIDI Channel 3 at set to "64" this will set the clocked speed to 24PPQN
Assign Encoder 5 to CC90 on MIDI Channel 13 change value to “1” this will stop the clock sync'd LFO when the sequencer is not running

Then press stop on the pyramid and then play to start the lfo.. (once you change the PPQN on the FH-1 you will need to restart the pyramid sequencer)
auxinelectro
I had a go at turning the output special purpose output on the FH-1 however I could not get it to work as expected . The clock sync'd LFO seems to run whether the clock is running or not.. note I am using clock based on USB midi sync it is not being derived from input at X.

I used CC 103 on MIDI channel 1 - I tried values 0-6 as discussed in the manual...

I am not clear what CC's 104-111, 112-119 provide in terms of the Special purpose outputs...

I want the LFO to stop working when the FH-1 is not receiving clock.
auxinelectro
To Stop LFOs when clock stopped; use CC90 on MIDI Channel 13 change value to “1”
When set to 1, causes tempo-synced LFOs to stop when the internal clock and external MIDI clock are stopped.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Expert Sleepers  
Page 1 of 1