MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Favourite modules?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> The Harvestman  
Author Favourite modules?
yaongi~
A few months ago I woke in the middle of the night and couldn't sleep. I lay in bed restless until I started watching youtube on my tablet.

Somehow I ended up watching this weird entertainnoying tutorial on a video game character by some robot called Robotopsy. It must have been during that experience, that somehow, out of my tablet, through my headphones, into my ear a robot worm crawled and nestled inside my brain. And since then, every day, I think about that video and those strange sounds.

And so now I'm here. And I wonder, out of all these orange and black modules over the years, what are your personal favourites that you enjoy more than all the others?
mt3
Double Andore mk I
Piston Honda mk III
gringostar
Double Andore mk I
Hertz Donut mk III
Kermit mk1
jwm
piston honda mk1
kermit

a bit late to the party on this, but recently snagged a bionic lester mk1 and starting to think that filter was designed and built just for me.

The Harvestman
sackley
All of the orange. They will infect your psyche, and you will watch them taunt existence itself from their preordained transcendence.
gringostar
jwm wrote:
piston honda mk1
kermit

a bit late to the party on this, but recently snagged a bionic lester mk1 and starting to think that filter was designed and built just for me.

The Harvestman


Bionic Lester mk1 is fantastic, however if you want some serious fun check out the rk6. Having both I'm set for filters aside from grabbing the ones in the Andore Jr when it eventually comes out.
robotopsy
---------------------------------------------------------------------- ---
Robotopsy is sorry to have contributionnized with your Insomnia.
Please commune with our agent for online support if the problem persists.
---------------------------------------------------------------------- ------------

yaongi~ wrote:
A few months ago I woke in the middle of the night and couldn't sleep. I lay in bed restless until I started watching youtube on my tablet.

Somehow I ended up watching this weird entertainnoying tutorial on a video game character by some robot called Robotopsy. It must have been during that experience, that somehow, out of my tablet, through my headphones, into my ear a robot worm crawled and nestled inside my brain. And since then, every day, I think about that video and those strange sounds.

And so now I'm here. And I wonder, out of all these orange and black modules over the years, what are your personal favourites that you enjoy more than all the others?
PietroC
Kermit
Double Andore MK2
Malgorhytm MK2
King Slender
Polivoks Modulator

https://cdn.modulargrid.net/img/racks/modulargrid_963798.jpg

Lider Suboctave is massive sounding as well but not my favorite LOL

All the Modules are a Sound Designers Dream
The possibilities they enable are endless
But just a Kermit and DAMK2 is a synth on its own actually just a Kermit
hahahahaha

Love all the ones i own
yaongi~
robotopsy wrote:
---------------------------------------------------------------------- ---
Robotopsy is sorry to have contributionnized with your Insomnia.
Please commune with our agent for online support if the problem persists.
---------------------------------------------------------------------- ------------

Haha thanks for your videos robotopsy, the robot worm in my brain tells me I'm a big fan.

Thanks for the replies everyone, really interesting to hear the favourites.

One day I'll tell you mine. Going to start with the piston honda and see where I end up.
robotopsy
It's hard to chose ''A'' Favorite. Love them all for different reasons.

Double Andore MKII for its crossModulations and it is the most powerfull envelope / VCA .

The Tyme Sefari MKII is insane for glitchy drones and backgrounds atrocities !

Every generations of Harvestman ( IME ) module are unique and very different from one another that it's hard for me to chose one.

For clean melodic sound I'd prefer the HDMKII specially for chords...... that's why I got 2 combine with the Argos Bleak is really cool.
And for Lead the MKIII Donuts and Piston are really cool.

But any modules properly used can be your chosen one.
Just try to use the Double Andore v1 as a sound source or the Bionic Lester and you'll be very surprised.

---------------------------------------------------------------------- -----
Chartreuse-J
I agree, can't really play favorites with Harvestman modules, most are way different from another. It's like asking what's your favorite swiss army knife tool is.
mt3
robotopsy wrote:
Just try to use the Double Andore v1 as a sound source or the Bionic Lester and you'll be very surprised.


Truth.

Other surprises:
* Zorlon as an audiorate cannon
* Piston Honda mk II as an LFO
* Tyme Sefari mk II in PitchShift mode sending CV of 1.25V, 2.5V, 3.75V, and 5V to its Sampling Frequency
yaongi~
Chartreuse-J wrote:
I agree, can't really play favorites with Harvestman modules, most are way different from another. It's like asking what's your favorite swiss army knife tool is.

I see your point but I gave it some thought and I think my personal favourite would be the little scissors. Not very useful but I liked the slight absurdity and the feel of the motion, which I still remember many years later, snicker snack snicker snack.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> The Harvestman  
Page 1 of 1
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group