MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

CGS utility Envelope Generator
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Author CGS utility Envelope Generator
andrewF
w00t
http://www.cgs.synth.net/modules/cgs78_env.html
Finally a good use for my bag of 2M pots!!
Adam-V
Santa comes through again!!!

Cheers,
Adam-V
unintentional states
Good to know one of the only basic modules missing from the CGS catalog is no longer as such. This should secure Ken's ever expanding monopoly on my system.
Dego
Great Ken! w00t
gwaidan
Looks excellent! Love the splittable board-I can see this going behind a panel in my Euro system very soon!!! Rockin' Banana!

Only question-does anybody know where there to find a good source of 2M log pots? I'm looking for them for another project as well, and no-one seems to have made them for years sad banana I was seriously thinking of series-cascading the individual gangs of a dual gang 1M log pot, but would rather not if I had a choice...
Neutron7
It says you can change a capacitor and use 1M pots instead. I expect a lot of people will have to do that!
the bad producer
Bearing in mind that most pots have 20% tolerance, wouldn't 2M2 be okay? These are pretty easy to get hold of, at least they are here in the UK...
sduck
Very nice! If I didn't already have 4 motm 800 eg's I'd probably get at least one of these.

I like the gate led being built into the circuit - but wish there was one tracking the output. I suppose it'd be easy enough to add on.
gwaidan
the bad producer wrote:
Bearing in mind that most pots have 20% tolerance, wouldn't 2M2 be okay? These are pretty easy to get hold of, at least they are here in the UK...

Thanks for that-found heaps of them. Guess I wasn't looking widely enough...
Neutron7
I think if you build say 4 of these on one panel(2 boards worth) and put an inverter after the attack gate outs, you could use it to trigger the next envelope after the current one has finished attack cycle, and make a sort of ratchet or freehand short trigger sequencer. (as well as interesting envelope shapes)
pugix
Wow! What a great addition to CGS. SlayerBadger!

Let's see I only have 4 MOTM-800, 2 Blacet 2070, 4 Oakley ADSR/VCA, 2 Mattson EG, and just about to add a quad Mattson ADR. Ponder, ponder.... YES, I have to build this too! I can't help myself. seriously, i just don't get it
valis
Fan-freaking-tastic. This looks like a nice, simple, utility module. Well done Ken. I do believe in Santa.

In all seriousness, I love Ken's designs and his approach to synthesis. His pcbs are nice and affordable and his shipping is insanely cheap (plus I get to know what he's had for breakfast). Anyway, thanks Ken. I know dealing with the public can be draining. Thanks for sticking around. There's a lot of us with the absurdly awesome synths that wouldn't of been possible without you.

You rock. Don't ever change.. Rockin' Banana!
otherunicorn
the bad producer wrote:

Of course 2M2 would be okay. So would 2M5. If people settled on one standard it would be so nice!
The standard I usually use is 1, 2, 5. I think another standard is 1, 2.2, 4.9. And so on it goes.
Funky40
andrewF wrote:
w00t
Quote:
RL LED current 33k for modern high-brightness LEDs. 1k for standard LEDs.

guess thats then3K3, not 33K.
nice tip, my LEDs are usually much to bright.

looking forward to hear feedbacks how you guys like it
otherunicorn
Funky40 wrote:
andrewF wrote:
w00t
Quote:
RL LED current 33k for modern high-brightness LEDs. 1k for standard LEDs.

guess thats then3K3, not 33K.
nice tip, my LEDs are usually much to bright.

looking forward to hear feedbacks how you guys like it

33k NOT 3k3. They need extremely little current.
Funky40
thanks to clearify my confusion
terrafractyl
awesome news. going to make one for sure
zthee
I think I'll probably build one smile

Dead easy to make a Serge style panel of as well! Might have to include it on some future panel.

So, stupid question; Looping attack pulse out to retrig in - will this make it into a ramp LFO?
otherunicorn
zthee wrote:
So, stupid question; Looping attack pulse out to retrig in - will this make it into a ramp LFO?

No.
If you invert the attack pulse externally, and feed it to gate in, you might get something.
TOPLEL
Mine have some slight voltage (about 100-200mV) on the output while a gate signal is present even when i turn the Sustain pot all the way down.
I trimmed it to like 2mV offset when there is no gate signal.

Is this normal?

I don't like this remaining voltage because it is enough to open my VCA slightly.
tardishead
ummm unless I have got a component severely out of spec these are very short envelopes - is that right? I built 2 boards for a total of 4 ADSR generators. Even with doubling the timing capacitor I am only getting max 5 seconds release. Is it intended to be that short? The CGS mail list no longer exists apparently
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Page 1 of 1