MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Earthquaker coming to Eurorack
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Author Earthquaker coming to Eurorack
Stashy
Found this in the 4ms display at earthquaker day. Engineer said price and date not set in stone but mentioned January around $280

cackland
Nice find. Assuming its a Verb of sorts smile

Hopefully this encourages other pedal manufacturers to get into euro. Still waiting on Strymon for their reverb edition wink
BlinkyLights
Sweet. That's the one Reverb pedal of theirs I actually want.

Definitely prefer to have this version with CV.
Stashy
I owned an Afterneath and I'd say the module is right in line with the sound of the pedal.
Jason Brock
I have an Afterneath and it is truly lovely. Some settings I wish I could edit more, so this module seems really cool.
cackland
Just checked out a review of the pedal, sounds great. I'll definitely keep a close eye on this.
starthief
I had the pedal for a while. I think putting it in Eurorack makes it a bit more interesting -- sequencing the Drag parameter could be interesting, and the open feedback loop is a great idea.

Definitely will be keeping an ear and ear out for demos.
BaloErets
You can hear it in action here;

paperCUT
That's a lot of real estate for mono. Strange all the params aren't modulatable.
cackland
paperCUT wrote:
That's a lot of real estate for mono. Strange all the params aren't modulatable.

I do feel the UI could be improved. Wonder if this is the final layout?
SB-SIX
Mono reverb? I think I'll pass...
southberry
MONO IN / MONO OUT ? .... meh
shoottofill
it looks like the original pedal is mono too
So i understand why this one is mono and i understand why some are disappointed.
starthief
When I had the pedal, I would often pop a basic mono to stereo reverb plugin after it for a bit of stereo field while still keeping Afterneath's character. Or mid=dry, side=wet.
Nutritional Zero
I feel pedal manufacturers who step into eurorack do so with a either a) an incomplete picture of the state of the scene/art/industry, b) or adapt their pedal products inadequately (this) or incorrectly (Strymon).

Furthermore there are enough Spin FV-1 based reverbs available in eurorack. These are characterful and quite lovely, but ultimately underpowered. Unfortunately, as many (most?) boutique pedal manufacturers are still working with the chip it’s unlikely we’ll see an alternative anytime soon. Something tells me Strymon didn’t quite hit the mark with Magneto and had to release the Volante to recoup R&D costs... Who else is big enough to sink money into an endeavour of this kind?

Earthquaker seem like a great company and their pedals seem to command a lot of respect (I see that Avalanche one connected to a lot of modular synths.) But.. a modular synth isn’t a guitar. It’s hard, in 2019, to have wild products like the Mimeophon (which pushes DSP effects in eurorack forward several years) and... guitar pedals.

Feet go on the floor.
mgscheue
Nutritional Zero wrote:

Earthquaker seem like a great company and their pedals seem to command a lot of respect (I see that Avalanche one connected to a lot of modular synths.) But.. a modular synth isn’t a guitar. It’s hard, in 2019, to have wild products like the Mimeophon (which pushes DSP effects in eurorack forward several years) and... guitar pedals.

I get what you're saying, but my feeling is that Earthquaker very much gets Eurorack. A lot of the people there are into modular, they've been active at Knobcon in the past, etc. I'm actually a bit surprised that they have made a Euro module until now.
Nutritional Zero
It’s mono, so no, they very much don’t.
mgscheue
Nutritional Zero wrote:
It’s mono, so no, they very much don’t.

No mono modules in Eurorack... . seriously, i just don't get it
damase
i happen to like mono FX in modular. whats more important to me in the eurorack port is that the parameters response pleasantly to all kinds of cv up to high audio rate.

just listened to the pedal demos, i really like the sound a lot. interested in more info and demos
Joe.
mgscheue wrote:
No mono modules in Eurorack... . seriously, i just don't get it

Imagine the whines if someone released a Stereo Euro version that cost twice as much as a Mono Pedal hihi
southberry
I can understand why the pedal is mono ... you want to plug it into a guitar / bass amp ... but with modular ????
I can understand a mono in, even if it's changing (I bought a SWN and a QPASS recently), modular has been built around mono voices (one oscillator , to one filter , to one VCA etc)
but for a reverb , I want a stereo output ... even if it's a mono signal at the input ...
starthief
southberry wrote:
but for a reverb , I want a stereo output ... even if it's a mono signal at the input ...

Think of it as a delay with diffusion -- which it is -- rather than a reverb. Problem solved. Mr. Green
ThunderSkull
It can only be a matter of time before Chase Bliss joins the eurorack party?
QuantumMechanakillWave
Hello everyone!

I work as the Systems Administrator and Customer Service Manager for EarthQuaker Devices.

Actually, the Afterneath module is capable of pseudo-stereo operation by patching out of the “Reflect Send” jack and “Output” jack simultaneously. We got a lot of compliments on the imaging from those that demoed the module at EarthQuaker Day. Soo much fun!

The modes are as follows: Mode: Controls the behavior of the “Drag” control as well as how it responds to control voltage. There are 8 different modes:
1. Linear – smooth, un-quantized response over the operating range
2. Linear with Slew – Smooth, un-quantized response over the entire operating range, but with a musical slew that is reminiscent of turning the varispeed knob on a vintage British tape delay. The “Drag” will lag behind the knob or cv changes, but then quickly catch up
3. Linear Volt/Octave – Smooth and un-quantized, yet scaled to align with the 1V/octave curve to allow melodic modulation of audio in the buffer, or control the frequency of self-oscillation like a voltage controlled oscillator
4. Chromatic Scale – Quantized 1V/octave to the chromatic scale
5. Major Scale – Quantized 1V/octave to the major scale
6. Minor Scale – Quantized 1V/octave to the minor scale
7. Pentatonic Scale – Quantized 1V/octave to the pentatonic scale
8. Octaves and Fifths – Quantized 1V/octave to omit all but octaves and fifths
9. Octaves – Quantized 1V/octave to omit all but octaves
QuantumMechanakillWave
Also, I would like to note that we are far from deciding on the pricing, and release date. January may not be very likely. It should be sometime within the next year.

It will be 16hp and draw 95mA of current from the positive rail only
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Page 1 of 3