MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

MOTU 2408 mkII Setup issues
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Production Techniques  
Author MOTU 2408 mkII Setup issues
3hands
Hi everyone! I recently picked this little beauty up for a song, as it had everything I wanted for an interface. PCI, multiple ins and outputs, the lot.

However I’m having a whale of a time setting it up. My computer doesn’t recognize it, and the only thing I get from the computer when I troubleshoot is a little message telling me the unit needs to be plugged in, which it is. I’m using a 6 pin fire wire cable that was recommended, but the rack unit appears to be dead, and I have the speaker with the x through it icon on my screen. I also didn’t get a manual with the unit, and I’m thinking that’s most of my problem. Does anyone have any idea what might be happening?

Thanks so much in advance.
Panason
PCI? Probably driver is out of date and not compatible with your computer OS.
3hands
I was thinking the same thing. I’m running Windows 7, so had the appropriate driver installed, but still nothing.

Thanks I definitely appreciate any help!
ignatius
try different cables.. i've had a bad IEC power cable and bad FW cables before
3hands
Swapped cables 3 times and still nothing. Ugh what a pain!
hru
The Motu 828 mk II does not work with any Firewire Card.
needs old Firewire 400 and a Texas Instruments Chipset is recommended by Motu

Am also looking for
Windows 7 with Audiophile 2496 (and a removed Motu 828 MKII from my good old broken Windows XP Pc)
3hands
hru wrote:
The Motu 828 mk II does not work with any Firewire Card.
needs old Firewire 400 and a Texas Instruments Chipset is recommended by Motu

Am also looking for
Windows 7 with Audiophile 2496 (and a removed Motu 828 MKII from my good old broken Windows XP Pc)

Hey! Thanks for the response! It came with the PCI card, and the 324 chipset. I may have to find a 424 chip. It’s just a pain in the ass that it takes this long to set up an audio interface!!
hru
if interested, i read somewhere (amazon, germany, must search again) review(s) about people with working firewire card for motu 828mk II

another possibility, if you have room
IBM T61 or IBM X31 laptops have a firewire port (also my broken Intelistation M Pro, but not recommended, this Pc is to loud)
Had both (back then) Motu 828 mk II runs without Problems under XP maybe also under 7
3hands
I’m re opening this as I still haven’t gotten this thing working. I have the PCI card with the 324 chip, the actual box and now my 3rd FireWire cable. Am I missing anything to get this thing working? It powers up but my computer simply wont recognize it.

Thanks again everyone, I’m trying to get this thing set up ASAP.
Panason
Firewire port on the interface could be dead, it's common.
Try to find a Mac with a firewire port so you can test it?

Does the PCI card show up as installed and active in Windows ?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Production Techniques  
Page 1 of 1