analog polysynth options with CV-steppable sequencer?

Any music gear discussions that don't fit into one of the other forums.

Moderators: Kent, Joe., analogdigital, infradead, lisa, parasitk, plord

pixelforest
Common Wiggler

analog polysynth options with CV-steppable sequencer?

Post by pixelforest » Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:12 pm

i'm getting the analog poly itch and browsing different options. i want to still be able to simply integrate it with the modular, so something that has a sequencer which can be clocked from external cv would be super - looks like the JX3P can do that but i'm not sure what the other options are. trying to complement my other outboard gear which is all 80s roland (606, sh-101, HC-2, impending nava build) flavors. i really want to avoid something that will only step its sequence with midi as that's not where i want to go with my workflow. my sh-01a in poly mode behaves nicely but is only 4 voice poly / fully digital and has a bit of a narrow feature set for sounds.

kwaidan
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by kwaidan » Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:00 pm

One option would be the Kenton -D-Sync: MIDI clock to DIN Sync. You can find it discounted for around $90, and it can go from MIDI to DIN Sync or DIN Sync to MIDI. To integrate with Euro, you can either use a CV to DIN Sync cable or a conversion module like the one made by ALM Busy Circuits.

tito_tunes
Wiggling with Experience

Post by tito_tunes » Sun Aug 11, 2019 1:17 pm

I believe deepmind can do this. Also look into the Arturia keystep which can act as your clockable sequencer for any midi module or synth
danielriera.bandcamp.com

Neo
Ultra Wiggler

Post by Neo » Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:38 pm

The OB-6 and the P-6 will do it. The "sequence" jack on the back can be set up to clock the sequencer.

Schrank
Common Wiggler

Post by Schrank » Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:26 am

I am not shure but I think korg minilogue and minilogue xd should do this. At least their newer electribes, the volcas and the monologue do this so I guess the minilogues too. Only four voices though.

BugBrand
Knowledge of Bugs

Post by BugBrand » Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:41 am

Schrank wrote:I am not shure but I think korg minilogue and minilogue xd should do this. At least their newer electribes, the volcas and the monologue do this so I guess the minilogues too. Only four voices though.
The clock ins on the korgs are, unfortunately, a bit too clever for their own good - you can't, for example, get the seq to simply move forwards one step with each clock pulse. I think there's some sort of interpolation going on. A real shame which has meant the minilogue & volcas have less use to me now.

JX3P is great!

sam
Wiggling with Experience

Post by sam » Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:34 am

No sequencer, but:

And what it can do is pretty crazy:
http://dl.lojinx.com/analoghell/Oberhei ... Manual.pdf

Return to “General Gear”