MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

analog polysynth options with CV-steppable sequencer?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear  
Author analog polysynth options with CV-steppable sequencer?
pixelforest
i'm getting the analog poly itch and browsing different options. i want to still be able to simply integrate it with the modular, so something that has a sequencer which can be clocked from external cv would be super - looks like the JX3P can do that but i'm not sure what the other options are. trying to complement my other outboard gear which is all 80s roland (606, sh-101, HC-2, impending nava build) flavors. i really want to avoid something that will only step its sequence with midi as that's not where i want to go with my workflow. my sh-01a in poly mode behaves nicely but is only 4 voice poly / fully digital and has a bit of a narrow feature set for sounds.
kwaidan
One option would be the Kenton -D-Sync: MIDI clock to DIN Sync. You can find it discounted for around $90, and it can go from MIDI to DIN Sync or DIN Sync to MIDI. To integrate with Euro, you can either use a CV to DIN Sync cable or a conversion module like the one made by ALM Busy Circuits.
tito_tunes
I believe deepmind can do this. Also look into the Arturia keystep which can act as your clockable sequencer for any midi module or synth
Neo
The OB-6 and the P-6 will do it. The "sequence" jack on the back can be set up to clock the sequencer.
Schrank
I am not shure but I think korg minilogue and minilogue xd should do this. At least their newer electribes, the volcas and the monologue do this so I guess the minilogues too. Only four voices though.
BugBrand
Schrank wrote:
I am not shure but I think korg minilogue and minilogue xd should do this. At least their newer electribes, the volcas and the monologue do this so I guess the minilogues too. Only four voices though.

The clock ins on the korgs are, unfortunately, a bit too clever for their own good - you can't, for example, get the seq to simply move forwards one step with each clock pulse. I think there's some sort of interpolation going on. A real shame which has meant the minilogue & volcas have less use to me now.

JX3P is great!
sam
No sequencer, but:

And what it can do is pretty crazy:
http://dl.lojinx.com/analoghell/OberheimXpander-OwnersManual.pdf
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear  
Page 1 of 1