MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Need more inputs. Recommendations?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear  
Author Need more inputs. Recommendations?
LameAim
Looking for some advice. I've got some new gear coming on the horizon, but am sadly out of inputs my interface to get everything connected up at the same time. Luckily, I've got a Black Lion-modded UFX to build on and could use some suggestions.

I need a rack unit that has the jack field in the rear and has 8 ins and outs at minimum. My budget would be around 500 bucks and I don't mind shopping used. I don't really need the preamps (more than happy with the UFX and haven't needed more than two at once), but I've seen the ART TubeOpto 8 as an interesting possibility. Plus I'd have money left over to upgrade the tubes if one came along at the right price.

Have seen a couple of Focusrite options around as well, wondering if they're any good. I've also seen Ferrofish come up a couple of times, seems a bit too rich for my blood at the moment.

Anyway, any other suggestions or reviews of the above? Thanks for the assistance.
acidbob
I would go for the Octamic 1 or 2 (D)
I run UFX + 2 x octamic connected via. ADAT and wordclock
It just works and sounds good
LameAim
I'd love to pick up more RME gear, but the Octamic is more than I want to spend at the moment.

Does anyone have any suggestions around the $500 range?
Panason
Just get an older RME?

I have 24 analog inputs via 3 interfaces synced together so that I can have everything permanently plugged in and available but it is overkill and I only did it because the old MOTU gear can be had very cheap. I didn't think about all the cables and the resulting clutter when I bought them.
acidbob
500$ rme octamic1
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear  
Page 1 of 1