MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

all (some) of the hertz donut questions
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> The Harvestman  
Author all (some) of the hertz donut questions
jwm
long story short, a bit new to the older harvestman designs (but finding that i love them) and eyeing a hd for a future IME rig and trying to narrow it down (and for a couple of reasons, no, i can't get both (or all three) and no, i don't want a mk3 at all)

soooo..

1) stupid question perhaps...has anyone owned both a mk1 and mk2 and can weigh in a bit on the difference in stupid tracking between the two modules? not totally sure what scott meant by (or how it does this) the mk2's "improved version of the "stupid" tracking where the modulator will successfully converge on the destination frequency." on youtube, brandon smith does a lil sine-on-sine demo with the mk1 + stupid tracking and it gets into this territory i really dig, and am curious if the mk2 gets there as well (and in a similar way...)

2) is anyone using a mk1 these days with a stillson hammer mk2? i remember reading somewhere that the 2.0 fw for the hd mk2 'altered the base freq for use with the sh mk2' (or something to that effect) and was curious how the mk1 would get along with it in light of this..

any thoughts? also, if any of this is covered in another thread, pls feel free to point me thataway. thanks!
mt3
jwm wrote:
long story short, a bit new to the older harvestman designs (but finding that i love them) and eyeing a hd for a future IME rig and trying to narrow it down (and for a couple of reasons, no, i can't get both (or all three) and no, i don't want a mk3 at all)

soooo..

1) stupid question perhaps...has anyone owned both a mk1 and mk2 and can weigh in a bit on the difference in stupid tracking between the two modules? not totally sure what scott meant by (or how it does this) the mk2's "improved version of the "stupid" tracking where the modulator will successfully converge on the destination frequency." on youtube, brandon smith does a lil sine-on-sine demo with the mk1 + stupid tracking and it gets into this territory i really dig, and am curious if the mk2 gets there as well (and in a similar way...)

2) is anyone using a mk1 these days with a stillson hammer mk2? i remember reading somewhere that the 2.0 fw for the hd mk2 'altered the base freq for use with the sh mk2' (or something to that effect) and was curious how the mk1 would get along with it in light of this..

any thoughts? also, if any of this is covered in another thread, pls feel free to point me thataway. thanks!

1) mk2 is cleaner than mk1, but that doesn't mean it's anywhere near clean.

2) No issues with HDmk1 tracking along to SHmk2's quantized CV. Follows the tuning fine.
mt3
The topology and tones between mk1 and mk2 modules are significantly different that they barely have any resemblance to each other. They don't really duplicate each other's functionality enough to warrant concern.

A perfect example is comparing Stillson Hammer mk I to Stillson Hammer mk II.
PietroC
Deleted
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> The Harvestman  
Page 1 of 1