MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Headphones 2019 ugh “monitor quality” LOL
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 [all]
Author Headphones 2019 ugh “monitor quality” LOL
shred
have had the Sony MDR7506 for about two years and while I liked them at first they've become almost unbearable. Tried to use them last night and after about 10 minutes my ears just hurt. the ear pads are also starting to fall apart, seemingly at an exponential rate.

for the DT770, is there a big difference between the 80ohm and 250ohm?

I'd rather not get an additional headphone amp just to have slightly "better" sound. I'm not super fussed about having the best, just good quality that doesn't physically hurt my ears.
waxdoctor
GMP 8.300 D Professional - very natural sound - rugged - "ugly"... thumbs up

naturligfunktion
calaveras wrote:
Fair to say that DT770 and HD650 are leading the pack at least in terms of mentions so far.
A fair number have also mentioned the Sony MDR series. These people are psychopaths. Do not trust them.


I recently bought the DT770s and I think they sound good and feel good. I don't rely that much on headphones however, and this is my first pair of "studio" headphones, meaning that I can't really compare these to any other "studio" headphones.

That being said, they feel nice smile

@dubonaire I enjoyed the calling out
RedLab
Audio Technica ath-r70x or Sennheiser HD-600

Both are excellent for mixing and monitoring as well as for listening pleasure
- ath-r70x for tonal neutrality and smooth sound
- HD-600 for a tad more clarity and detail but a tad less tonal neutrality (compared to ath-r70x)
mattjhuber
RedLab wrote:
Audio Technica ath-r70x or Sennheiser HD-600

Both are excellent for mixing and monitoring as well as for listening pleasure
- ath-r70x for tonal neutrality and smooth sound
- HD-600 for a tad more clarity and detail but a tad less tonal neutrality (compared to ath-r70x)


I love my HD-600s. They are invaluable tools for mixing. They definitely need a decent headphone amp though.
Technologear?
shred wrote:

for the DT770, is there a big difference between the 80ohm and 250ohm?

I'd rather not get an additional headphone amp just to have slightly "better" sound. I'm not super fussed about having the best, just good quality that doesn't physically hurt my ears.


If you want to avoid a headphone amp, and your using a mobile device like phone as your source, go lower ohm headphones. Don't get the 250ohm dt770s they sound disappointing if not driven properly.

But if your source is something powered properly, like an interface or mixing desk, then good odds that it'll drive whatever ohm cans just fine.

If your listening environment has consistently low background noise and no one trying to sleep next to you, get open headphones. If not, go closed.
tremolo3
I used the MDR V6 for many years after an extensive journey of trying a lot of headphones, I was looking for the one with the most flat sound signature within the 0-200 price range.

I recently tried the DT770 and decided to make the change because I'm more into synths and low frequencies these days (which the V6 are not great for), but for guitar the DT770 really sound bad; way too boomy.
sutekina bipu-on
I dunno why everyone doesn't buy a SR850 and solder a better plug on, even though it's totally usable as is
thevegasnerve
shred wrote:
have had the Sony MDR7506 for about two years and while I liked them at first they've become almost unbearable. Tried to use them last night and after about 10 minutes my ears just hurt. the ear pads are also starting to fall apart, seemingly at an exponential rate.

for the DT770, is there a big difference between the 80ohm and 250ohm?

I'd rather not get an additional headphone amp just to have slightly "better" sound. I'm not super fussed about having the best, just good quality that doesn't physically hurt my ears.


I pulled my 7506s the other day and had the same experience. Sounded so aggressive in muds and highs that it almost hurt.. I really like my AKG M220s and DT 77Os 250ohms much better.. haven’t tried a headphone amp..
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 [all]
Page 5 of 5
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group