Modular on the Spot NYC @ Nowadays, Fri Sept. 13 - Free!

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: luketeaford, Joe., lisa, Kent

fluxsignal
Learning to Wiggle

Modular on the Spot NYC @ Nowadays, Fri Sept. 13 - Free!

Post by fluxsignal » Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:42 pm

Signal Flux is hosting a Modular on the Spot at Nowadays on Friday, September 13th (spooky)! Always outdoors. Always free. Always modular synths. Modular On The Spot is an outdoor modular synthesizer picnic founded in Los Angeles by Eric ‘Rodent’ Cheslak and Bana Haffar. Players of all skill levels and styles are welcome. Come wind down the end of summer with us outdoors at Nowadays!

Our goal with this iteration of Modular on the Spot is to encourage new collaborations between artists across genres with an emphasis on the joy of performing live together. If you wish to perform, please sign up using this Google form 4 to be paired with 1-2 collaborators. We’ll coordinate performances for the evening once pairings are confirmed. Please feel free to come enjoy the live music and sunset even if you are not performing.

Hope to see you there!

Signups! (sign ups due by Sunday Aug. 18)

Facebook Event

About S/F:

Signal Flux aims to expand access to and literacy about sound + video technology through student-centered collaborative workshops, one-on-one and online tutorials, hands-on access to technology, and engaging public event programming for people of all ages and experience levels in New York City. We believe a blend of praxis, technique, and community builds sustainable knowledge, trust, and creative relationships. We hope to catalyze passion for the sonic and visual, whether they be newfound interests or enduring practices.
Last edited by fluxsignal on Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
Signal / Flux is an IRL and URL resource that aims to expand access to and literacy about synthesis through workshops, individualized study, and articles. We also offer repair and DIY building/kitting services!

signalflux.org

versipellis
Wiggling with Experience

Post by versipellis » Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:04 pm

Oooh, this is awesome!

Is this a regular thing?
tunes: https://www.soundcloud.com/dycedot
in boston? I run nights: https://www.facebook.com/4OTFEvents/
selling [4x Frap Tools Plus cases (6Ux84hp), Ornament & Crime]: viewtopic.php?f=74&t=234975

fluxsignal
Learning to Wiggle

Post by fluxsignal » Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:55 pm

We only have one scheduled for now, but we will be putting together more in the future at various spaces around NYC!
Signal / Flux is an IRL and URL resource that aims to expand access to and literacy about synthesis through workshops, individualized study, and articles. We also offer repair and DIY building/kitting services!

signalflux.org

versipellis
Wiggling with Experience

Post by versipellis » Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:04 am

fluxsignal wrote:We only have one scheduled for now, but we will be putting together more in the future at various spaces around NYC!
That's awesome! I'll try to make it out to one of these at some point. If y'all ever find yourselves wanting to do something in Boston, shoot me a DM!
tunes: https://www.soundcloud.com/dycedot
in boston? I run nights: https://www.facebook.com/4OTFEvents/
selling [4x Frap Tools Plus cases (6Ux84hp), Ornament & Crime]: viewtopic.php?f=74&t=234975

fluxsignal
Learning to Wiggle

Post by fluxsignal » Wed Aug 07, 2019 5:58 pm

versipellis wrote:
fluxsignal wrote:We only have one scheduled for now, but we will be putting together more in the future at various spaces around NYC!
That's awesome! I'll try to make it out to one of these at some point. If y'all ever find yourselves wanting to do something in Boston, shoot me a DM!
Yeah we are up there occasionally, so will definitely keep this in mind!

signalflux.org

fluxsignal
Learning to Wiggle

Post by fluxsignal » Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:55 pm

We have a few spaces left - sign ups will be open for a few more days!

signalflux.org

BlinkyLights
Wiggling with Experience

Post by BlinkyLights » Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:47 pm

Modular On The Spot is an outdoor modular synthesizer picnic founded in Los Angeles by Eric ‘Rodent’ Cheslak and Bana Haffar.
Heh, I know him (Eric).

Right on. The events sound fun.

looneytones8
1-Post Wiggler

Post by looneytones8 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:49 pm

Should we receive an email confirmation when we complete the form? I filled it out and submitted but didn't receive anything in my email. Just want to make sure it was actually received!

fluxsignal
Learning to Wiggle

Post by fluxsignal » Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:47 am

Hi!

Gentle reminder that this is happening on Friday - free to all!

Hope to see you there...

signalflux.org

Return to “Eurorack Modules”