MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

What happened to my q106 ?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules  
Author What happened to my q106 ?
sylvainmoreau
Hi,
I have 3q106 and 2 motm300 in a case. All was working ok and in tune.
This morning i power up the same patch and one of the q106 (the only one having the output mix extension... Don't remeber the name) is tracking 1v/oct wrong.
It's only after power on/off that it went back on track.
That's a little scary no ? Why would an analog module need a ... "Reboot" ?
Thx for scientific infos.
JohnLRice
When this happened did you try all the other VCOs and they were fine? Did you unplug then plug back in the 1v/octave CV input? (sometimes contaminants on the plug or jack contacts might cause a problem)

Did everything else work ok in the case? Sometimes linear power supplies can lock up when first turned on if there is too much of an inrush surge and a power cycle would clear that up.
sylvainmoreau
Hi,

Yes all other vcos where fine 3xQ106 receive the 1v/oct from Q146 behind the panel and motm 300 from jacks from the Q146.
i was sending pitch from metropolis (standalone in 4ms pod)
all vco where tracking ok just this one was tuned on the root note but not reaching the high notes.

"Sometimes linear power supplies can lock up when first turned on"
mmm ok might be that then. but strange only one module was going weird :p
Flareless
You might also want to check what else may be on the same electrical circuit as your modular.

If you have something with a large electrical draw such as a microwave oven, heater / air conditioner or fridge / freezer there might be an effect on other devices (such as your modular) which share the same circuit.
josaka
did you plug any leads into the midi to cv .. ? not even connected?
Rex Coil 7
josaka wrote:
did you plug any leads into the midi to cv .. ? not even connected?
This.

Or an ~iffy~ cable/connection bringing 1v/oct to the errant VCO.
cornutt
I've noted in the past that you can latch up a Q106 if you hit it with a CV exceeding its power supply voltages. You might want to check for a bad power cable, or perhaps a power supply that is ramping up slowly at power on.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules  
Page 1 of 1