MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Tool Fear Inoculum
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Artist Discussion  
Author Tool Fear Inoculum
Gotta leave this here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Urik7KHOff0

Been a long wait.

nanners It's peanut butter jelly time!
zedius
Pretty excited! I wanna see if some modular shows up on the recordings. Some of the percussive elements in the title track sound pretty synthesized.
zedius wrote:
Pretty excited! I wanna see if some modular shows up on the recordings. Some of the percussive elements in the title track sound pretty synthesized.

I saw them live a few weeks ago and Danny even did a little synth solo in the middle. I'm wondering if the strings at the beginning of fear are synthesised.

All in all a great track, seems like a mix of their catalogue. They did stay true to their usual scheme.

I would welcome some positive surprises within the album.
DSC
I have lost friends and family during this thirteen years of wait.
I feel very fortunate to be listening to this new album.
we're not worthy we're not worthy we're not worthy we're not worthy we're not worthy we're not worthy
JimY
"Alexa, I need to hear something new by the band Tool. Please concoct a pastiche Tool song using elements from their existing music and give it a typically pretentious title."

I mean, I like it very much, but it really does sound like a pastiche. I'm hoping (expecting) for something more adventurous on the rest of the album. They have been nothing more than their very own tribute band for over 10 years, and I for one found that getting tedious.

Is there a new Downfall/Hitler-rant spoof video yet?
JimY wrote:
"Alexa, I need to hear something new by the band Tool. Please concoct a pastiche Tool song using elements from their existing music and give it a typically pretentious title."

I mean, I like it very much, but it really does sound like a pastiche. I'm hoping (expecting) for something more adventurous on the rest of the album. They have been nothing more than their very own tribute band for over 10 years, and I for one found that getting tedious.

Is there a new Downfall/Hitler-rant spoof video yet?

I heard two new songs at the concert and in stark contrast to this, they definitely stood their own ground. I agree, this is not bad but feels recycled. It may not feel refreshing but still good to hear a new tune.
Gringo Starr
This sounds like the same old stuff. The same annoying pretentious long intros too. I loved Tool so much but hearing this one song after a long hiatus sounds boring and like a watered down version of themselves.
Dilibob
I really enjoyed it, I am into tabla playing. I also liked how about half way the "song" picked up, that first track is more like a mini symphony rather then a song. Nice that they went out on the edge to create almost a fusion piece, yet still has the same tool feel.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Artist Discussion  
Page 1 of 1