Choose your Shared System

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: luketeaford, Joe., lisa, Kent

Poll ended at Sat Aug 17, 2019 5:41 am

Make Noise Shared System
61%
Verbos Shared System
25%
slowpilgrim Shared System 1
4%
slowpilgrim Shared System 2
11%

Total votes: 28

slowpilgrim
Learning to Wiggle

Post by slowpilgrim » Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:41 am

I've decided to sell off some of my eurorack and retain just 6u 104hp, to keep a focused 'instrument' and stop me from getting lost in euroland and focus on other musical processes (both ITB and field recording).

The notion of an 'instrument' has naturally attracted me to things like the Easel, MN Shared System etc. The brief is that the instrument has to have a lot of scope for experimentation, and is not planned to replace ITB functionality. Aesthetics and workflow count a lot for me (hence I'm attracted to single-manufacturer systems).

I've come up with 2 solutions using modules I already have. I'm having a hard time deciding between these options. I'm curious to know what the community would choose.

Choose your Shared System.

MN gets bonus points for the insane tutorials.

Last edited by slowpilgrim on Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

R.U.Nuts
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by R.U.Nuts » Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:28 am

I'd say stick with what you have if you don't want to get lost in buying and selling and rack rearranging for weeks or months.

three86
Common Wiggler

Post by three86 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:44 am

Here is my shared system it is a lot of fun every day. It stayed as original SS for almost a year. Then I decided I want three voices like a band: drums (BIA), bass (CIP), guitar (DPO)

slowpilgrim
Learning to Wiggle

Post by slowpilgrim » Sun Aug 18, 2019 3:56 pm

thanks for the responses guys, I think I'm going to go with the MN system as it seems like it has more scope for sound design and implementing left-field composition ideas.

Return to “Eurorack Modules”